thirteen.

We called our manager after the incident and he didn't even care. He said we couldn't back out of the concerts now because we've already done some. The only way we could stop the concerts is if one of us gets sick or something fatal happens.

"Well damn." I said as we pulled up the the arena. It was 4. The concert started at 7. We walked inside the venue and got everything set up.

After we were done setting up, it was about 6:30. I could already hear the fans waiting for us. I was stressed. I decided to call my beautiful wife but it went straight to voicemail. I called her again five minutes later and she answered.

"Sorry, I left my phone in the car. What's up?" She asked after answering on the third ring.

"Nothin just wanted to check up on ya. I love you, you know that right?" I said. She popped her lips. I could picture her rolling her eyes.

"Whatever boy. I hear all them girls."

I chuckled to myself. "You hear them fans babygirl." I pulled the phone away from my ear and checked the time. It was five minutes till. "Oh damn, lemme talk to you later ight?"

I already knew she was pouting. She groaned then hung up. I rolled my eyes and followed Set and Takeoff onto the stage.

~~~~

About four hours later, it was all over. We packed everything and got back onto the bus. Set and Takeoff had some groupie hoes but I couldn't get my mind off the whole predicament that my mama, my cousin, and my wife were in.

"Y'all think it's Karreuche?" I asked them while the broads gave them top. Set shrugged while Takeoff pushed the girl's head down on him.

"Prolly not. She's not hood enough to know what a dead bird means." Takeoff said while the girl lifted her head up for air but he pushed her head back down. I shook my head and looked down at my phone. Ayanna had called me five times. I didn't even notice. I called her back and she answered on the fourth ring.

"Wassam? You good?" I was worried about her. I was worried about all of them, my kids, my family. I don't know what I'd do without them.

"Yes, we're going to go stay with Andrea for a while until this whole thing blows over." She said and I rubbed my face. I'm mad I can't be there to protect her. "I wish you were here."

"Yeah me too." I said while the groupies walked off the bus. The bus started to move. Our driver just doesn't get tired. "Y'all already there?"

"Nah, we leavin tomorrow morning. The kids said hey." I smiled. I always talk shit about they nappy head asses but I love them. "Tell em I said when I get back, we gon do some fun shit!" I grinned and heard Ayanna chuckle.

"Ooh somebody at the door mama!" Amaya yelled.

"Uh uh, you too young to get the door. Lemme go answer it." She scolded Amaya. "I'll call you back later."

"FaceTime me right quick." I hung up and video called her. She answered on the first ring and held the phone in her hand while she opened the door. "What is it?"

She shrugged and closed the door. "Nothing. Nobody was there." That's creepy. No one plays ding dong ditch in Calabasas.

"Go to Andrea house tonight." I checked my phone. It was 12 here so it was only 10 there.

"The fuck? No, she's sleeping." She looked down at me.

"She never sleeps. Please just go. I'd feel a lot safer with you there."

"Aww my nigga gettin soft." Kiari said while him and Offset laughed before dappin each other up.

"I'd feel safer with you here but whatever." She rolled her eyes. She does that too much. One day they're gonna get stuck and she's gonna be mad. "But okay. Let me pack some stuff and we'll be heading out."

"Don't hang up. I like to listen to you." She laughed and went upstairs to Amaya's room. She picked a bag up and stuffed clothes in it. "How was your day?"

She told me everything, from when she first woke up to now. I loved looking and listening to her. Set is right. I do got a good one. I'm never letting her go.

"You heard me?" I was staring at the phone but I wasn't paying attention.

"Nah what you say?" I rubbed my eyes and checked the time. It was almost 2.

"I said we finna bounce." She laughed and started the car. All the kids were with her. Quenton in the front seat and Sam and Amaya in the back. They all had their bags in their laps. They looked too cute.

"Stay on the phone till you get there."

"Why he wanna stay on the phone mama?"

"If he really wanted to be here, he should've stayed." Sam said while looking down at his phone in a blue case. I smacked my lips. Nigga always got a problem with me.

"He gotta go get money nigga damn. I know you don't think mama payin all these bills." Quenton said and Ayanna's eyes widened. I don't pay anything but the car notes. Everything else is all her.

"And I know you don't think you gettin any of them cars in the garage or that new Playstation. Spoiled ass. You always talkin shit about me and I'm sick and tired of it." She smacked the back of his head while looking at the road. "I'm the parent. You're not. You're not about to sit in my car and talk to me any kind of way, understand?" He kissed his teeth then rolled his eyes. "Understand?"

"I got you." He mumbled while looking down at his phone. It's about time she stood up to him. He's so mean to her. I guess they made it to Andrea's house because they had all got out the car.

"We here." She smiled at me. "Ight, lemme make sure y'all make it inside." She laughed and knocked on the door. She grinned then started laughing. I smiled. I was glad she was safe.

"Bye honey." She said before hanging up. I plugged my phone up and fell asleep with a smile on my face.