Life well lived

Fran's POV

I think it what Cynthia has done is reckless but I know for a fact that Henry told her to do it and that fact was confirmed by his dad but his mum did not like it very much.

"Your son could die today and your not worried that he is gone!"

"Of course I am worried but going to the beach was his last wish so accept it! Now I am going to the beach to comfort my son's girlfriend when he dies. We will all still get to say goodbye to Henry at the funeral so if you all want to see him before then you may aswell get in my car before I go without you all!"

I hate to say it but he does have a point. Henry would not want us all to fight like this. I need to go to that beach to be there for him and most importantly I need to be there for Cynthia because she is pretty much about to watch the love of her life die.

"I am coming too. Cynthia will need me more than ever now....."

"Thank you for understanding Fran."

"Henry always talked about wanting to die on the beach even before we knew about the cancer....."

"Then why did he not tell me..... his own mother!"

"You might find that out when we read the letters he left for us. I found mine ten minutes ago in my bag. Oh and they all say do not open until he has died."

I am hoping we get there in time to properly say good bye to Henry......

***************************************************************

Cynthia's POV

"Ummm Cynthia I know I said I wanted my independance but can you help me get out of the car."

"Sure."

I pulled him out of the car and into the wheelchair.... I didn't bother locking the car when I closed the door because I jsut did not have the time to think about that right now. I wheeled him onto the sand and half way down the beach until he told me to stop.

"Pick me up and sit me down the sand......."

I followed his orders and then sat down next to him. He then cuddled up to me and I nearly burst into tears.

"I just want to gold you for a little while."

"Don't stop holding me Henry."

"I won't. I have something for you."

He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a white envelope.

"It's the letter I was talking about. Don't open it until I have died...."

"I won't. I promise....."

I put the letter into my coat pocket and just sat there watching the sun come up as if it was coming out of the sea.

"Cynthia tell me what you thought of me when you first saw me when you woke up?"

"Ummmmmmm..... I thought that you were a complete stranger but then I thought that you must know me otherwise you wouldn't be in the room. I thought about how good looking you were and still are...... I think about you all the time Henry."

"I wish the cancer would just disappear but I know it won't but just remember that one say we will be reunited."

"You believe in reincarnation?"

"No. Everyone dies eventually don't they."

"I guess so."

"What did my mum say when you told her where we were?"