Purpose and Destiny

Just to let you guys know, I uploaded the first chapter of Periculosum. READ IT :)
XOXO
-Layla
P. S. This isn't that long, but it's interesting. Spoiler alert: PLOT TWIST 😈

Taylors POV
Taylor and I walk back to the car, our arms swinging in between us. We stop at my rental car and I say, "I have clothes for you in the car. Incase this happened, I was prepared." I opened the back door and pulled out a bag.
She looked through the contents and frowned. "Thanks, Tay. But.. there isn't a shirt here..."
I completely forgot. I packed her black jean shorts and I even got her.. uh, undergarments, but no shirt. "I'm so sorry! What an idiot move..."
She tilted her head. "Nah, its cool. I can just put on my sweatshirt. No biggie."
I sighed and smiled. "You can change first."
She climbed in and changed. I looked around until it was my turn. I changed into a loose, tie die muscle shirt and some jeans. She was waiting when I got back out. I hooked my fingers in her belt hoops and pulled her close. She slung her arms over my shoulders and rested her head on my chest. I kissed her salty hair and hugged her closer.
Out of nowhere, Quinn asks in a content voice, "Can we move here? I like it here. Its quiet."
I chuckle. "I wish. I like being quiet. Its nice. Though, I do love hearing your voice."
In response, she moved her arms to my waist. We fit together perfectly, as if we were made to be one. In some ways, we were. I believe that 2 people in love were once just 1 person, punished for being the cruel humans humanity is, split in half to search the earth for each other to be whole again. I have scoured every piece of land, and I am drawn to one. I say, "Quinn Tracy, you are my better half." I feel her gorgeous smile against my chest.
All of the sudden, Quinn rips away from my grip and sinks to her knees. Her hands grip her head so tightly her knuckles are white. Her screams pierce the quiet atmosphere. Her dark hair covers her face, but when I get a glimpse of it, I rush to her side. I have never seen her beautiful face contorted in so much agony. With worry inside me and tears stinging in my eyes, I ask, "Quinn, baby. Are you okay? just calm down, baby. It will be okay. Shhh. Whats wrong?"
The only thing similar to a response I get is a string of agonized screams and "It hurts! Taylor, it hurts so much! I can't- I can't-OW!" Then she is silent. Quinn has blacked out. I hold her tightly and smoothed her hair down as I dial 911. I say through hot tears, "My girlfriend started screaming and blacked out and I don't know whats wrong! We're in the parking lot at the beach please hurry I'm so scared please come quickly!"
The ambulance ride was the most torturous thing I ever had to endure. What is she was dying? What if I never got to say goodbye?
•••••
Quinns POV
Purpose. Everyone has a purpose, whether it being to coach soccer or becoming a federal official, I don't know. Each and every person to walk planet earth has a purpose. Heck, their purpose could be to walk the moon. Everyone has a purpose, but most think they will never find out. For example, they may get cancer and die. This does not mean their purpose was to die. Sometimes, purpose and destiny get mixed up. People that die young don't get to fulfill their purpose because destiny decides to make an appearance. Destiny chooses if you get a purpose first, then, if destiny lets you, purpose decides the details. Destiny is whether you fulfill your purpose or not. You don't get to choose. I have always believed that destiny is just a code word for death. People may say that "their destiny was to become famous", but no. Their purpose was to become famous and influence others. Their destiny is to die tragically at an old age when most people wont be affected.
What I'm trying to say is, we all have a purpose, and destiny gets the choice on whether you find out what it is or not. Destiny is death spelt wrong and given a different meaning. Its a synonym. Different, yet the same.
This has all been figured out by me and my messed up brain. In the hospital, I have a lot of down time to think, so I do. At least my messed up brain can still function enough to think about things like that. Most of the time, I think about how Taylor will be coming back from Magcon soon. I like to think when my brain doesn't feel like its going to explode, which is often. Apparently, the occasional headache I get every once in a while is caused by thing big, mean brain tumor. It has been slowly growing for a few years, so it is currently incurable. I have the estimated life span of about 1 year left to live. I wish I could talk to someone other than my Doctor, Dr. Elizabeth, and my father. I haven't heard from my mother, and I can't speak with Taylor about this just yet. I don't want him to worry while he's on vacation. He's already worried with me being "sick", so I cannot imagine what me dying would do to him. I honestly don't want to know either, but even if I did, this is not news you deliver over the phone.
I had to leave Florida after I passed out with Taylor at the beach that first day. I suddenly got this incredible throbbing pain and I was screaming and grabbing my head and it was too much. My vision went blurry and I blacked out. Next thing I remember, I was in the back of an ambulance with Taylors sweaty palm tightly gripping my hand. When I was alone in a room, the doctors told me I had a big, old cancer tumor. I told them not to tell Taylor. They agreed, but I still had to cone home. So now I'm here in room 613 of Saints (random name, I'm not researching an actual hospital) Hospital, sitting alone with a needle in my arm and no one to comfort me. I have made acquaintance with a nurse, Amy. She had short dark hair and pretty green eyes and pale skin. She's small and short, so she doesn't intimidate me. Thats good, because I hate being intimidated. I just don't like it, nor does anyone else. Taylor will be back tomorrow, so I will need plenty of sleep to break the news. I can already picture his hazel eyes all glassy, and his face contorted in pain. I don't want to do that to him. Why could 't he fall in love with someone who would live. I cause him so much pain. I'm not sure I will get the chance to find out.

But all I know for sure is this:
I have no purpose, just a simple destiny.