It Wants What It Wants

Get it popular, bkahblahblah, yadayadayada, story time, k cool. Thank you guys for so many reads 😭😭😘 I'm sorry for not updating! Softball is CRAZY right now! Hold out for meh!

XOXO

-Layla

Quinns POV

Taylors shoulders tense under my hands. His face turned to stone, which sends a chill through me. He says menacingly, "Cameron. Not now. Go. Away."

I don't recall ever having heard Taylor sound so... violent. I think Cameron was also extremely surprised by how his voice dripped with acid. You could tell Taylor was at a high level of aggravation, to put it lightly. His face says as much.

But Cameron is quick to maintain a stoic, intimidating expression. He spits out through clenched teeth, "Listen, Taylor. I don't know what I did to upset you, but I just came here to see if-"

Taylor is on his feet, now, any sign of weakness or vulnerability lost. His words hold a hatred as cold as ice. "Don't know, my ass. You practically drool over my girlfriend." In reply to Camerons mouth opening to protest, but promptly shutting, he says, "Oh, yeah. You don't think I don't notice the way you to stare at each other?? You flirt with the love of my miserable life, and you don't even care!"

Cam puts his hands up in defense, but his eyes say another story, jealousy woven deep within. "I just take what I can get! She loves you anyway! I mean, you live together! All I do is flirt, but I'm sure you guys are all over each other late at night, no one else in the whole hou-" but he didn't get to finish. Taylor had enough, and tackled him. They threw powerful punches, and I froze. How do you react to this? Once I recover, I yell, "Stop it now!" They oblige and stand up, bruised and bloodied. I look at Cameron. "You have no right to talk about anything that has to do with me and Taylor. And you," I turn to Taylor, "there is no reason to act like that. He was just trying to provoke you, are you let him!" I take a deep breath, close my eyes, and point to the door. "Both of you, out. Leave."

Taylor grunts and storms out of them room. I guess Cameron wants to provoke me.

He says, "You know, I think I'm in love with you."

I roll my eyes, annoyed. "No. Your not. Get out."

He just opens his arms, as if to say 'come at me'. "Fine, I'll leave. But don't lie to yourself. I know you feel something, too. Its in the way you look at me. You can't pretend forever, Quinn."

"I feel nothing for you, unless pissed counts for anything." The only thing is, I'm not sure if thats true or not...When I'm around him, I feel lighter. Like the weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders. It could just a strong friendship, or possibly more than that. Either way, I am positive that right now, I'm just pissed. At Taylor, Cameron, everyone. Life.

He snorts in a bad boy sort of way and turns toward the door to make his dramatic exit. In the doorway, he pauses to look over his shoulder and says, "The heart wants what the heart wants," and leaves before I can say anything back.

I wipe away a tear. It's going to be okay. Things will get better. Especially without the drama of boys for a while. Boys are just so much trouble. They come and give happiness, then they do something that causes a chain reaction of hell. I look around, put on a random movie, and sigh. So this is my new life. Crappy furniture and lonely movie nights. Just as i begin to go under, a song starts playing by Beyoncé. I claw under my wet pillow and pull out my phone. Hmm. Mahogany.

I answer wearily, "Hello?"

I hear a sigh. "Oh thank God, Quinn. I heard you're in the hospital! Explain. Now."

I recite the story, leaving out the boy part. I don't want everyone knowing about my boy drama. Mahogany says a string of mhm and oh. When I finish, she repeats, "Oh. My. God. I'm coming ASAP. Don't move a muscle."

I try to stretch my arm out in front of me, which results in wincing. "I don't think I could if I wanted to."

"Thats okay, Babe. I'm coming and we can talk and watch movies and do happy things." She sniffs. Shes crying for me? "I can't believe this. You need friend time. Good tines, good vibes. I'll be there in the morning. Kisses, bye bye."

I say "Bye, Loxie. Thanks so much, I need a good friend like you,", and then stash my phone under my pillow after hanging up. Though Lox lightened my mood, I don't really want to have a connection to anyone. My phone stores so many wonderful text lists with Taylor and Cameron. I am not in the mood for anymore reminders of my alleged best friends. Yes, I am technically dating Taylor, but I am a strong believer that your lover is your lover and best friend.

Now that I've brought upon this thought, it occurs to me that they are not my only best friends. I grew amazingly close to Lox while I spend time with her. I guess I just never realized it. Even after I left, we kept in contact. I feel pretty close to the girl with the ears. She just... isn't a very open person. You never really know what she thinks.

Hmm. I have so many people I love, don't I?

People I keep close in my heart consists of:

Jerk Taylor

Asshole Cameron

Reserved Mahogany

Mentally unstable Dad

And embarrassingly, my nurse Amy...

I have no friends. Just then, my eyes flick to a picture of that one night at Cams when I first met the guys. Thinking of Cameron stirred up sickly dark emotions, but those were overpowered by joy and realization. I did, in fact, have other people to love. I have a lot of them. A whole group. I realize this now:

No matter what, Magcon is part of my family. They are my family.