Part 38

I hurriedly slip on my black skinny jeans as well as my dark red polo shirt, pinning my name tag on the left side of my chest. I have to take it off when I remember that I forgot to put my apron on first, sighing as I re pin it on top of the black fabric. I tighten the laces of my black and white converse before fixing my ponytail, running out of the girl's changing room and towards my register for today.

I got out of my classes late today, meaning that Yoongi and Jungkook had to leave early so that they weren't late to work. They would usually give me a ride as well, seeing as Yoongi is the only one of our friends that has a car, but I had to run today so that I wasn't late. I make it out just in time, taking the "register closed" sign off of the conveyor belt before waiting for customers to come.

"Hello, how are you doing today?" I ask cheerfully as the first person places their stuff on the belt. The old woman smiles at me before placing her purse on top of the counter so that she can get her wallet out.

"I'm doing fine young woman. And how are you?"

We make small talk as I ring up all of her groceries, doing what I am supposed to do to try and make our customers feel welcome. I am always chosen to be on register because I am the most social person here. Yoongi seems like he is always in a bad mood, while Jungkook will stutter over his words if it is a girl who came to his register. I ring up a few more people before I stop, my eyes wide as I quickly drop behind my station and out of sight. I pick up my phone with trembling hands, pressing on the first number I see.

"Hello? Rain?"

"Jungkook, could you come to my register?" I ask quietly, still shaking slightly as I sit on the hard floor. I can hear him walking on the other end of the phone, his breath picking up as he gets faster. I can see him when he rounds the corner, his eyes immediately finding me and widening when he sees that I am on the floor.

"What is it Rain?" he asks in a panic, his phone still pressed against his ear. My voice trembles as I talk, the beginnings of a panic attack making my hands shake.

"Taehyung's back."

He almost drops his phone in shock, his eyes moving around the people that are in my line before stopping on the one right in front. Why is he here now of all times? Why did he move back? I was so close to finally getting over him when he just shows up out of the blue. The thing is, I would be ok if it was just him standing in line. If he was alone I would be able to talk to him as if nothing had happened between us, as if I barely even knew him.

But I can't do that. I can't act like nothing happened because he is with a girl.