Part 74

Taehyung's pov 

The ride back was awkwardly silent. We ended up buying the highchair that I was looking at as well as a stroller, the crib all but forgotten. We didn't talk at all, Rain staring absentmindedly at her phone while I payed attention to the road.

I still can't get over what happened in the store. I keep beating myself up over it in my head as well. Why did I do that? Why did I hold her against me as if we were still together? I do admit that it felt nice though. It felt right. Having Rain in my arms while we looked at matching outfits made it seem like we were a real family and not dysfunctional ex-lovers.

"Thanks for the ride Tae" she says softly as she steps out of the car, me keeping a watchful eye over her. I turn the car off in the parking lot of the apartment that the three share, stepping out and bringing the items that we bought out of the trunk. They are in boxes right now so that I can assemble them later, that making it much easier for me to carry them into the building and into the elevator. 

I wait patiently for her as she unlocks the front door with her keys, thanking her silently when she holds it open for me as well. The room is filled with the smell of food from the restaurant that Yoongi probably brought back for all of us, a tired sigh escaping from between my lips as I put everything down.

"What did you buy this time?" Jungkook asks as he runs up to me. He puts his arm around my shoulder as he looks at the stuff we got, a curious look on his young face. He has been incredibly curious about the process of getting ready for a baby. He loves kids, so I'm not surprised. The baby has also made us closer again, him more comfortable and open around me now as well.

"We got a stroller and a highchair. We would have gotten a crib as well, but Tae didn't know what one looked like."

I pout and glare at Rain's back, immaturely sticking my tongue out at her as she hums to herself. I watch as her phone rings and she answers it immediately, a large smile spreading across her face.

"Hey Hobi! How was work today?"

I can't seem to help the frown that appears on my face when I realize that she is talking to her boyfriend, suddenly very interested in her call. I don't like Hoseok, and I don't know why. I know that I should be grateful to him for taking such good care of Rain when I left her, but something about him just makes me want to hate him. 

"That's awesome! Congratulations! When are you coming over tonight? We should celebrate!"

My eyebrows crease when I see the smile slowly slide off of her face, her look of excitement being replaced by a frown. She bites her lip as she listens to what Hoseok is saying, not as happy as she was before.

"N-no, thats ok. If they want you to work more hours due to your promotion you shouldn't say no.......Hoseok, I'm serious. I'm fine, don't worry."

She nods her head to whatever he says, still not looking like herself.

"I know, I know. I'll see you tomorrow babe.....yeah....bye bye."

"Where is Hoseok?" Yoongi asks from where he was apparently leaning against the wall. We all jump about a foot in the air when we hear him speak up, not expecting that in the slightest. I didn't even hear him walk over to us, and he's standing right next to me.

"He got promoted at his job, so he has to stay a little bit longer than he originally thought" Rain says with a smile that doesn't quite reach her eyes. She is obviously upset about this, but is trying not to let it show. I watch as she walks into the kitchen to start eating, my eyes following her movements as she goes.

"I hope she's right" I mumble under my breath, finding myself hoping that that is the real reason that he isn't coming over tonight. I clear my throat when I sense Yoongi staring at me with his piercing eyes like he seems to do all of the time now, walking into the kitchen after Rain. I hope he is telling the truth, for Rain's sake.