Part 62

Rain's pov

I tap my feet in excitement as I sit in Hoseok's car, waiting for him to return from the gas station. He had gone in while he was waiting for the car to fill with gas, saying that he was going to buy a candy bar or something.

I wonder what he has planned for tonight. I am actually really excited to spend some more time with him. Hoseok is always nice to be around, and I haven't been with him for a whole week. Just the fact that he forgave me for what I did makes me smile, but the fact that he wants to spend some more time with me makes me even happier.

"Ok, we can go now."

I smile over at him as he slides in the front seat, watching as he fastens his seatbelt and starts the car once more. The car smoothly pulls out of the spot we were just in, the music playing softly in the background. I can't help but glance over at Hoseok as he drives, taking in the way the light is hitting his face. He looks angelic, his angular jawline and high cheekbones standing out. I watch as his lips turn up at the corners when he catches me staring before a full on smile graces his face.

"What are you staring at?" he asks jokingly, glancing at me before looking back at the road.

I can tell that I am blushing by the heat radiating from my cheeks, my hands fiddling nervously with the hem of my shorts.

"N-nothing" I stutter, feeling the heat travel to the tips of my ears as well. I watch as he chuckles before taking one hand off the wheel, putting his other hand out and into mine. His hand is warm against my thigh as it rests on my leg, his fingers intertwined with my own.

"You are too cute" he says softly as we pull into the parking lot of somewhere I have never been before, his smile reaching his eyes and making my heart flutter in my chest. I open the car door and step out, feeling the warmth from the sun on my shoulders. It is the setting sun though, meaning that we only have a few more hours of daylight left.

"Hoseok....this is beautiful."

It really is. The lush, green grass of the field sways gently in the slight wind, the short strands barely coming up to my ankles. The air is filled with the sweet perfume of the pink and purple flowers that are growing throughout the grass, the vibrant colors making my eyes widen uncharacteristically. I can see trees in the distance surrounding a clear path, a small fountain off to the side.

"Not as beautiful as you."

"That has got to be the cheesiest thing anyone has ever said to me" I say with a laugh, his words pulling me out of my momentary daze. He laughs with me as he pulls me closer to him by my waist, my hands automatically going up to rest on his shoulders. His lips press softly against mine, the gentle pressure lasting about five seconds before he pulls away. I can't help but smile at the man standing in front of me, totally lost in the moment.

"Is that.....Ami and Taehyung?"

I turn around to see what he is talking about, my eyes widening when I see that he is right. Why do they always end up wherever we go? Amy is smiling upl at Taehyung as they walk hand in hand in our direction, her smile only widening when she sees Hoseok and I.

"Rain! It's so nice to see you!"

Hoseok and I exchange glances as she practically runs towards me, our faces both holding confusion. What is this? No one can be so forgiving. Why is she acting like this towards me?

"H-hey Ami......how are you?"

I nudge Hoseok in the stomach because of his awkward question, glancing over at Taehyung as I do so. He won't even look at me, him standing off to the side as Ami talks to us.

"I'm doing good. I'm glad to see you again Rain. We hadn't really talked since what happened on your birthday."

I am a sweaty mess. I gulp nervously as she turns her gaze on me, my hands shaking.

"Y-you're not mad?"

"What? No. Why would I be mad? Hoseok got mad at you, you gave him some space, and you ended up going back to your house."

My eyes widen as I gawk at Taehyung as he awkwardly stares at the ground. What the fuck. He didn't tell her?