Chapter Eleven

(Game two against the Brewers.)
Ashton's P.O.V.-
*5 A.M.*
I woke up at my usual time and changed out of my PJ's. I put on my running outfit, which consisted of black Nike pants, a Nike dip-dye tank top, a grey Nike sweatshirt, Women's Nike 'Air Max Thea' Jacquard Sneakers, my three wishes necklace (which I never take off), and my Fitbit Flex. I grabbed my phone and my red ear buds before leaving for my run.
I left my apartment and went down to the lobby. I put my ear buds in and turned my music on. The first song that came on was 'Beautiful Disaster' by Jon McLaughlin. I started running and ran for about 20 minutes before I felt like someone was following me. I stopped and turned to look over my shoulder. I saw some guy standing there and he was in a black sweatshirt with the hood up covering his face.
I immediately took off running again. I finished up my route and walked into my apartment building. Once I was inside, I turned and saw the same guy standing across the street watching me. I sharply turned and went upstairs to my apartment. I took my ear buds out and turned my music off. I made sure I locked the door before going to shower.
After I showered I changed into another one of my fitness outfits.  I had on a mint crop top, a pair of Nike Capri tights/pants, a pair of Nike purple and mint tennis shoes, my three wish necklace and I braided my hair. I grabbed my duffel bag and put another outfit in it, just in case. I also grabbed my phone and ear buds before leaving my apartment.
I walked down to the lobby and headed to my car. When I reached my car, there was a piece of paper under my windshield wiper. I slowly approached it and pulled it out from under my wiper. I unfolded it and it read:
'I am always watching you. Don't you dare think that I don't know all about your cheating on me. I know where he (13) lives. I will end him if I have to. Break it off with him or else. Don't forget that I'm always watching you. Love always, TA,'
I folded the note back up and looked over my shoulder. Everyone was moving about their business and no one was watching me. I stuffed the note into my bag and unlocked my car. I threw my bag into the back seat and then got in the driver's seat. I started the car up and leaned back. I was kind of freaked out by this, but I didn't feel super scared. I just decided not to dwell on it to much.
*At the Stadium*
I walked in and up to the dugout. I tossed my bag on the bench and sat down. I rubbed my face and tried to forget about the note, but something was keeping my from doing that. I had a stalker and on top of that he thinks I'm dating a player on the team. I was more concerned for the player he thought I was dating than myself.
Adam came over to me and sat down next to me. "Hey, what's wrong?" He asked.
"What?" I looked over at him.
"I asked you what was wrong?"
"Oh." I stood up and faced him. "I have a stalker." I mumbled.
"What?!" Adam shot off of the bench and looked at me. "What do you mean you have a stalker?"
"I mean that some creep is following me and thinks I'm dating a player on the team." I went over to my bag and pulled the note out. I handed it to Adam. "I found this on my windshield this morning."
He read it and then looked at me. "Ashton, this isn't good."
"No really?" I asked with sarcasm. "The problem is that I honestly don't know which player he thinks I'm 'dating'."
"Well the number 13 is on the paper after the word he, so I'm going to go with Carpenter."
"I noticed that too, but Carpenter and I don't ever do anything together." I stated.
"Well, we need to tell your father and Matt about this. Well we should tell the whole team just in case. Do you know who this guy is?"
"No. I don't even know anyone with the initials TA."
"Let's go tell your dad." Adam turned and headed off to find my dad and I followed him. This was going to be just great.