Chapter Twenty-Nine

(Next morning.)
Ashton's P.O.V.-
I walked into the kitchen super excited and jumping up and down. Katie was watching me as I made myself some coffee. I was playing with my necklace that Matt gave me, when Katie finally spoke up.
"Oh my gosh, why are you so peppy?" She demanded from me.
"I can't be happy?" I asked raising an eyebrow.
"Not when Matt is suspended for fighting." She said showing me the picture in the paper. It was of Matt punching James the second time.
"Shame they didn't get the first one on film." I shrugged my shoulders and finished up my coffee.
"What do you mean by 'first one'?" She asked.
"He punched James twice yesterday. Both time for me." I smiled to myself and then I heard a chair fall. I looked up and Katie was standing there with an open mouth.
"WHAT?!"
"We kissed!" I blurted out and we both looked at each other.
"I want details! When, where, why, and most importantly was there anyone else there?"
"Last night, in our parking area, because we both confessed out feelings, and I don't think so."
"I am so happy for you!" She hugged me and I was smiling like crazy.
I looked down at my watch and then grabbed my bag and to go coffee. "I have to go." I then grabbed my keys and Katie followed me to the door.
"Where are you going?" She asked handing me my sling to put in my bag.
"I'm meeting Matt for breakfast." I said smiling just thinking about him.
"Have fun and try not to get caught by the press. Oh and have you told your dad yet?"
"Nope. See ya later." I hugged her before rushing out of the apartment.

Waino's P.O.V.-
I walked into the locker room and went straight over to Holliday. I pulled him off to the side and then I went over and grabbed both Molina and Reynolds. I brought them over to the side where Holliday was standing. They all gave me a confused look, but I was to excited to contain myself.
"Why are you so giddy?" Holliday asked rather loudly.
"SHHHH. We can't have Matheny hearing." I said.
"Why can't we have Mike hearing?" Reynolds questioned.
"It involves Ashton and Carpenter." I whispered.
"Spill the beans." Holliday was getting slightly interest now.
"Well, last night after we won I was hungry, but ya know I did the interviews anyway, but man was I hungry. I get that you work up an appetite playing, but I was starving by the end of the game. Anyways, I did my interviews and then called my wife, just letting her know that I was going to grab something to eat before I headed home and stuff..." I was rambling just for fun and I was trying to get the guys interested.
"Adam, get on with the story." Molina ordered.
"Oh right. Where was I?" I paused for a minute. "Oh right, I was on the phone with my wife." They all did a slight face palm, but I kept going. "So I told her I was going to get food and she told me that was okay and we started talking and stuff. Well, I headed out to the car lot and I had already gotten off the phone, when I heard Matt and Ashton talking. I didn't want to disturb them, so I kind of hid behind a car and listened in, which I know isn't right, but I didn't want to bother them. Any how, they started talking and Matt said something about being in love with her and then he proceed to say that he didn't want her to lie to him if she didn't feel the same way. Well, she said that she would be lying if she told him that she didn't feel the same way. Next thing I know, the two of them are kissing and I'm hiding behind the car, slightly spying on them. But that's not the point, they were kissing."
Their mouths had dropped to the floor and I was smiling. "They were what?" Holliday asked just trying to double check that he heard me right.
"They were kissing. I was as surprised as you, but we won. We finally got the two of them together." I did a little victory dance and then Ashton walked in. She gave me a confused look, but just smiled at me.
"Umm....do I want to know?" She asked me.
"Not really, Mrs. Carpenter." Her face lit up, but she didn't get defensive this time.
"Whatever." She headed up to the dugout.
After she was gone, I faced the three of them. "Did you see the way she reacted? She didn't care that I called her Mrs. Carpenter!" I was smiling like crazy.
"I noticed." Holliday responded.
"YES!!!!" I started jumping up and down and my day was just getting better and better.