Chapter Twenty

(Game one against the Twins and CHOCOLATE!!!!)
Ashton's P.O.V.-
I walked into the dugout that morning wearing another one of my workout outfits. Which consisted of a pair of black Nike pants, a Nike tank top, a t-shirt, that hung off my shoulder, which said 'Me? Sarcastic? Never!', a pair of red Nike sneakers and a Cardinals half zip down sweatshirt. I also had my duffel bag with me like any other time.
As I walked into the dugout, a bunch of players moved aside and watched me as I went. I had a confused look on my face, but continued what I was doing. They started whispering to each other and that's when I became angry. I set my bag down and turned to face the guys.
"Alright, what's going on?" I asked them. They stopped whispering and all looked at me. No one said anything. "If there's something I need to know, let me know. I don't like the whole whispering thing. K?" I huffed and turned back to my bag. Wainwright came over to me and stood there. He didn't say anything and I became angry at that. "What do you want?!" I snapped.
He stepped back and held his hands up in defense. "Carpenter, your wife is being mean to me!" He shouted taking a few more steps back.
Matt leaned back out of the group of guys and raised an eyebrow. He then proceeded to walk over to us. I had my arms crossed and was glaring at Adam. Matt stood next to Adam. "What's wrong?" He asked me.
"What do you think is wrong?!" I hissed.
"Animal crackers, again?" He asked. I gave him a small smile. "I knew I could get you to smile. What's wrong?"
"First of all, no one took my animal crackers. Second of all, everyone is whispering about something and I would really like to know what it is. Usually no one whispers while talking to each other." I pushed some hair out of my face.
"I don't have an answer to that. Sorry." Matt crossed his arms and Holliday walked over to us.
"Now what?!" I snapped. I think you can guess why I was in a testy mood.
Holliday stopped and looked at the other Matt. He then looked back at me. "That time?" He asked raising an eyebrow.
I rolled my eyes at him. He was the only one that caught on. "Yeah. What did you think? I just felt like being a complete and total butt for no reason?" I rolled my eyes again.
"What's going on?" Adam looked really confused.
"You've got to be kidding me." I did a face palm.
"Adam, you know when your wife gets all moody and eats a lot of chocolate during that one week a month?" Holliday asked facing him.
"Yeah. What about......Oh. I get it now." Adam finally caught on.
Holliday just gave him a small smile and Carpenter almost did a face palm as well. When it came to certain things, Adam was clueless, unless you told him. I looked up at the boys.
"Did you want to tell me something?" I asked Holliday.
"Not that I can think of." He muttered.
"Great." I walked past them and went to go get some chocolate.
*Before the game*
I walked back into the dugout in my uniform and had a box of chocolate with me. I went over to my bag and pulled out my bottle of water before going out onto the field. I found my dad talking with a group of guys and I walked over to them. I had already opened the box of chocolate and was eating it when I stopped next to my dad.
Holliday saw me and smiled. "Adam you owe me $20." He said looking down the line at Wainwright.
"You've got to be kidding me." He looked at me and I smiled.
"Nope." Holliday responded. I sighed and went back to the dugout.