Chapter Sixteen

(Later that night.)
Ashton's P.O.V.-
I couldn't sleep, so I ended up changing into a work out outfit. I went down to the gym and started running on the tread mill. I needed to clear my head and I couldn't sleep, due to the stalker creeping me out and making me afraid to close my eyes. I don't know how long I spent running, but I heard the door open and then some one clear their throat.
I stopped and turned to see Matt standing by the door. I did my cool down before going over and grabbing a towel to wipe the sweat off with. I threw it over my shoulder after I had wiped my face off. I turned and faced Matt.
"Couldn't sleep, could you?" He asked me.
"Not one bit." I confessed. We walked out of the gym and towards the lobby.
"I figured you couldn't, seeing as how you kept insisting you were fine by yourself." He crossed his arms as we walked
"What are you doing up?" I wondered aloud.
"Checking on you. This whole stalker thing has changed you. You're not the same bubbly girl that you were when I first met you."
We had reached the lobby. We went over and sat down across from each other at one of the tables. "Thanks for having some concern." I muttered.
"We will stop him. You know that right?"
"Yeah, but I just can't shake this feeling that he's not ever going to go away."
"Ash, he will. We just have to make him."
"And how do you suppose we do that? The police won't be able to do anything."
"Yes they will. They deal with stuff like this all the time. They know how to handle it."
"I get that, but I just feel like this guy won't go away that easily." I leaned back in my chair. "He won't go away that easily. I just have a feeling that he won't."
Matt grabbed hold of my hand and looked me in the eyes. "Ash, we will stop him. I promise you we will."
I gave him a small smile. "Thanks."
"For what?"
"Having a little faith that we will stop him."
"Someone has to. Besides, he's terrorizing the bubbly girl, who's suppose to make us laugh. Who wouldn't want to stop him?"
I rolled my eyes and stood up. "I think, I'm going to go try to sleep."
He stood up as well. "I need to head back to my room anyways. Another long day tomorrow."
"Unfortunately." I turned and made my way to my room.
*Next day*
I was sitting in the lobby messing with my breakfast, which was nothing special unless you count cereal special, when Waino, Holliday, and Carpenter walked into the lobby. I stirred my cereal up and next thing I knew Carpenter was sitting in front of me. I looked up at him and he was already looking at me.
"What?" I asked setting my spoon down.
"You're not eating your breakfast, which tells me that either you're sick, you're not hungry, or you're to upset to eat. I'm going to go with the last option. Unless you're sick."
"You're correct about being to upset to eat. I just can't get this guy's note out of my head. He wants to end both of us. Both not just one."
"And you're point would be?"
"He wants to kill us and he knows where I sleep, I eat, I do all my business, and where I work. That alone freaks me out."
"Ash, he's getting to your head. You're not suppose to let him do that. He's going to try to drive a wedge between you and everyone you care about. He's going to try to get you to stop caring about yourself and then he will think that he needs to 'save' you, when all he really needs to do is leave you alone."
"I get that Matt, but my stomach is to upset. I just can't eat anything."
"And what about sleep? Did you even get any last night?"
"No. I just couldn't fall asleep."
"Because of him. Listen Ash, you can't let him get to you like that. That's what he wants."
"Then I hope he's happy because I don't think I can sleep safe and sound until I know he's not coming after me." I stood up and threw my trash away before heading to my room to grab my bag. This was going to be one heck of a day.