Chapter Twenty-Seven

(Time skip to her birthday party on the 15th and the song is another song about how Matt feels and the picture is of her cake. Only imagine it's Busch and the Cardinals.)
Ashton's P.O.V.-
I was just chilling out with Katie at home. It was finally the 15th and everything at my doctors appointment had gone well. Turned out my arm wasn't set right, so she had to deal with that. No surgery, the best part of it all.
Anyhow, I was chilling out at home with Katie, just watching TV, when she jumped off the couch and turned the TV off. I glared at her and she just smiled at me.
"What?" I whined.
"Time to get ready for your party." She smiled at me.
"Seriously?" I whined some more.
"Yes. Get up. We have to do your hair, makeup and then we have to cover your bruises up with makeup."
"Do I really have to go to the party?"
"Yes. Matt went to a lot of trouble for the party and you are going to go."
I glared at her. "Why are you using Matt as an excuse?"
"I am not! I am simply saying that he went to a lot of trouble and if you don't go, there is no point in having the party."
I groaned, but got up none the less. She did my hair up in a nice half-up half-down style. She put on only a slight amount of makeup, because I really hate wearing that stuff. It just gets all over the place and I don't like that. She let me go get dressed before she covered my arm up.
I was wearing a Miss Selfridge Teal Wrap Pencil Dress, a pair of Sergio Rossi Peep Toe Platform Pumps, a pair of Dogeared Anchor Earrings, some Beach Bangle Bracelet Shell Starfish Gold Plated Fashion Pieces, Bling Jewelry Sterling Silver Nautical Starfish Anchor Stackable Midi Ring Gold Plated, Jewel Exclusive 10K Gold Anchor Necklace, my three wish necklace and then I also had on the Piece of my Heart necklace. I've kind of gotten in the habit of wearing it.
Katie did her own makeup and hair before she started to cover my bruises up with foundation. She did a nice job, if I say so myself. I then started to fill my clutch up with the stuff I needed, like my phone and keys, while Katie finished getting ready.
She was wearing a ANTS Women's V-neck Chiffon Dresses Short Prom Gown, a pair of Giuseppe Zanotti Suede T-Strap Sandal, the three wish necklace, which she also never takes off, Bling Jewelry Turtle Time Ring, Lab-Created Blue Opal Sterling Silver Turtle Pendant Necklace,
Bling Jewelry Turtle Love Bracelet, and a pair of Lab-Created Opal Sterling Silver Turtle Drop Earrings (Blue). She looked great.
"You look great." I handed her, her jacket and she smiled.
"Thanks. You don't look to bad either." She slipped it on, before we left the apartment.
*Party*
We were walking up to the dinning hall and Matt was standing outside waiting for us. His mouth sort of dropped when he saw us, but when Adam walked out he mumbled something to him and he closed his mouth. Matt said something to Adam and then smiled. When we walked up, Adam went back inside.
"Katie, Adam needs your help for a minute." Matt told her.
"Okay." She went inside and I looked at Matt. He was already staring at me.
"What?" I asked with a smile on my face.
"Nothing. You just look different than you normally do. I don't think, I've ever seen you in a dress before."
"I know. I don't like to wear dresses. There uncomfortable."
"And what about the dress you're wearing now? Uncomfortable?"
"Not really. Adam picked it out, which kind of surprises me, but it's really comfortable." I wiped it down a little, but looked right back up at Matt. "Why are we still out here?" I asked crossing my arms.
"Well, first of all Adam had to finish some stuff up before you can go in and second of all it's nice out here. It's not to hot, not to cool. It's nice."
I rolled my eyes at him. We stood out there for a few more minutes until Adam came out and whispered something in Matt's ear. Matt smiled and Adam went back inside. He turned to me and smiled again.
"Your party awaits, your highness. But there is a catch." I raised an eyebrow. "I'm going to have to cover your eyes."
"Seriously?"
"Seriously."
"Fine." I sighed and he came around and put his hands over my eyes. "Couldn't you have gotten a blind fold?"
"No. It's not as fun if I had a blind fold." I started walking towards the door and he followed of course.
"Is this some kind of trust exercise?" I questioned him.
"It could be, but it's not." We walked into the dinning hall and we stood there for a few seconds before he finally removed his hands, revealing the party. He had it all set up with baseball gloves as centerpieces, with baseballs sitting in the gloves. There were white table clothes covering all the tables and they had potato sack strips down the center. It looked great. The tables were even set for dinner already.
I was speechless. It looked amazing in everyway possible. I mean, he did a great job setting it all up. The whole team was there and they all had their cameras out and were taking pictures of me. They even brought their families with them and all I could do was smile at them. Everyone was dressed up nicely, it just looked great. I couldn't believe they had gone through the trouble to do all of this for me.
*Present time*
I was sitting there opening presents, even though I didn't want anyone to get me a present. After I finished opening all of them, I looked up and Matt was holding a small box. He handed it to me and I opened it. Inside, was nothing but a small note. 'Look up.' I did and he was holding a bag of iced animal crackers.
"I took your animal crackers." He smiled and handed them to me.
"Thanks." I gave him a quick hug. "Thanks for everything. Party and all."
"No problem, Mrs. Carpenter."
I punched his arm and he laughed. "Don't call me that." I hissed.
"Of course, your highness." I rolled my eyes at him and enjoyed the rest of my party.