Chapter Thirteen

(Skip to the night before first game against the Dodgers.)
Ashton's P.O.V.-
We walked into the hotel that night after our last game against the Brewers. I was carrying my duffel bag on my shoulder, my purse on my other shoulder and I was carrying my medical bag in my hand. Our hotel was pretty nice looking.
"Welcome to LA baby." I heard one of the guys say. I rolled my eyes at them.
"Who's the baby here? You?" I asked turning around and seeing Holliday standing there.
"Ha ha. Funny." He said.
"I thought it was." Carpenter put in with a smile on his face.
I smiled and walked over to my dad. "So what are our room assignments?" I asked.
"Well, you're in room 119. Here's your key." Dad passed me my key and I grabbed it out of his hand.
"Thank you." I turned and headed off towards my room.
"Ashton?" I heard my name being called and I stopped.
I turned around and my dad was motioning for me to come back. I groaned and walked back over to them. "Yes?"
"Alright, so you guys have your room assignments. I expect you guys up early tomorrow, 6 A.M., but you guys can go and explore LA if you want, but I'm requiring the buddy system this time." Dad said and some of the guys started whining. "Don't whine. You can do whatever you want, well almost whatever you want, but buddy system. That's all I wanted to say." Everyone started dispersing and I made my way to my room.
I was walking down the hallway when I heard some of the guys talking behind me. I tired to ignore it, but I heard my name, so being the curious girl I am, I started listening in.
"Matt just needs to ask her out already. I mean, seriously. He has been putting himself through those extra long and hard work outs to get Mike's permission and he just needs to ask her out. He doesn't have all season." I heard one say.
"I know, but he's not ready and especially now that she has that stalker. It's not the right time." The other one said.
"I get that, but maybe now is the best time to ask her out."
"No. To soon. Maybe some other time. Now that this stalker is around..."
"You're right. Let's just wait and see what happens."
I heard a door open and then shut. I unlocked my room and went inside. I tossed my bags on the bed and laid down on the bed. I laid there and thought about what I had heard. I finally decided to go for a swim. Clear my head up a bit.
I changed into my swim suit, a plain grey bikini, and I then put a t-shirt and a pair of shorts on over it. I put flip flops on and grabbed a towel and my room key. I walked down to the pool and thank the lord that no one was there. I went in and took my shorts and t-shirt off, revealing my hip tattoo, which said "In baseball as in life, all of the important things happen at home." I pulled my hair back in a braid and then dove into the pool.
I did a few laps before I heard the door open. I turned and saw Matt standing there in jeans and a t-shirt. He walked over to the deep end and squatted down in front of me.
"Yes?" I asked.
"A couple of the guys and I are planning on going to get something to eat. They wanted to know if you wanted to come." He avoided eye contact with me.
"Well, it just depends on if you guys want me to come with you." I got out of the pool and went over to my stuff. "I don't want to intrude on you guy's plans." I wrapped the towel around my body.
"Well, they wanted to know if you wanted to come, so I'm taking it as they want you to come." He had stood and crossed his arms.
"I'm not exactly in going out clothes right now. You'd guys would have to wait like 20 minutes for me to get showered and dressed."
"I'm sure they wouldn't mind waiting."
"Fine. I'll come." I picked up stuff and headed back towards my room.
*20 minutes later*
I walked to the lobby wearing one of the spare outfits I had brought. A pair of white jeans, a Cardinals tank top, a pair of red Nike tennis shoes, my three wish necklace, and I had on a ring that said 'Love Life, Be Brave'. I had grabbed my phone and put it in my back pocket. I also grabbed my purse/wallet.
The guys were waiting for me in the lobby. Most were standing around talking and a couple, including Matt, were sitting down. The group consisted of Matt Holliday, Matt Carpenter, Waino, Randal Grichuk, Matt Adams, Matt Belisle, Jaime Garcia, Mitch Harris, John Lackey, Lance Lynn, Seth Maness, Yadier Molina, Jhonny Peralta, Mark Reynolds, Kevin Siegrist, Kolten Wong, and Michael Wacha. I walked over to the guys and Waino noticed me first.
"There you are. You guys ready to go?" Adam asked.
"Yes." Most of them said or nodded.
We left the hotel and started walking to which ever restaurant they had decided we were going to. I just went along with it. Not like it mattered to me any. Food was food. But we did end up having a great time. Like we normally do.