Chapter Fourteen

(First game against the Dodgers.)
Ashton's P.O.V.-
"So tired." I heard some of the guys mumble as they were going to their seats to eat their breakfast.
"Well, if you had come back to the hotel with the rest of us, you wouldn't be tired." Carpenter said as they sat down at the same table as him.
"For once, the guy's right." I commented.
Matt turned and looked at me. "Did you just call me 'guy'?" He asked.
"Yes. But that's not the point." I said with a smile. "Point is, is the fact that he's right. For once."
"She's right." He took a sip of his drink.
"Of course I'm right. A women is never wrong." I stood up and threw my trash away.
"Depending on the day." I heard Waino mutter. I grabbed my napkin and waded it up. I threw it at him and it hit him right in the middle of the forehead. He stopped mid bite and the guys sitting at the table with him started laughing. He set his fork down and looked up at me. I stuck my tongue out at him.
"I'll get you my pretty and your little rally squirrel too." I smiled and refilled my drink.
"You're on." He said and tossed his waded up napkin at me. I moved and it landed behind me.
"Missed." I stuck my tongue out at him again. He threw another one at me and missed again. "And you're a pitcher?" I asked.
"Shut up." He tossed a water bottle at me and I caught it.
"You suck." I tossed it at Molina and he caught it before handing it back to Waino.
"Blah, blah, blah." Adam finished his breakfast up and threw his trash away.
I rolled my eyes and finished my juice up. I threw the cup away. "I'm going to go get my bag. I'll be right back." I headed down the hall to my room. I unlocked the door and grabbed my bag before heading back to the lobby.
*Stadium*
I set my bag in our dugout and then headed up to the field. I walked over to my dad and stood next to him as he talked to one of the base coaches. I started looking at my nails when something hit me in the side. I looked down and saw a waded up piece of paper. I picked it up and un-waded it. It was blank, but I looked up to see Waino standing there with a smile on his face.
"What was that for?" I asked him.
"This is war." Was all he said before two of the guys dumped a bucket of cold water on me.
Once I could see, I looked up at Waino, who was smiling and laughing. I pulled my hair out of my face and wrung it out before looking back at him. He was bent over and laughing at me. I smiled and just walked to the dugout. I wasn't going to attack, just yet. I needed a plan first. Besides, Adam can't see it coming.
I grabbed my bag and a towel before heading down to the restroom to dry off and change. I dried off and put on my spare set of clothes.  It was a pair of black Capri Nike pants, a Nike tank top, and a pair of Nike trainers. I wrapped my hair in the towel and put all my wet clothes in the bag before going back to the dugout. I set my bag down on the bench and then unwrapped the towel. I dried my hair off some more before going back onto the field.
Adam was catching with some of the pitchers and just doing whatever he normally does. I walked back over to my dad and he noticed my change of clothes.
"Weren't you wearing your uniform earlier?" He asked me.
"Yes, but that pitcher of yours named Wainwright decided to would be funny to have a few guys pour water on me." I started scrunching my hair with the towel trying to get it to dry.
"I see. Pulling a nice little prank on you."
"Yeah. Let's just say my uniform is soaked." I slung the towel over my shoulder. "You're stuck with this outfit for tonight, unless I'm allowed to go back to the hotel."
"I'll send you back to the hotel to get your clothes." Dad turned and faced the field. "CARPENTER." Dad shouted.
Matt stopped what he was doing and ran from outfield to our dugout. "Yes?"
"I'm sending Ashton back to the hotel to get another uniform and you're going with her." Dad said.
"Why?" I groaned.
"Buddy system." Dad said with a smile.
"But why him? No offense." I asked
"None taken." Matt muttered.
"Because I said so. Besides, do you really want me to send you back with Adam?" Dad said.
"Good point. Let's go." I went over and grabbed my bag. This wasn't going to be awkward at all.
*Return to the stadium*
"I will get him back. We both know I will." I said to Matt as we walked back into the stadium.
"I know, but what are you going to do to him?" Matt asked as he moved my duffel bag from one shoulder to another.
"I don't know. What do you suggest?" I asked.
"I don't know. You'll figure it out." We walked up to the dugout and Adam was sitting on the bench talking to Holliday. Holliday saw us and motioned for Adam to turn around.
"What?" I asked as I took my bag from Matt.
"Nothing." Adam responded with.
I glared at Adam and he just smiled. "I will get you back for what you did. You do know that, right?"
"Yeah. I figure I might as well take a risk." Adam stood up and went to get a drink.
"Oh I will get him back." I mumbled. Adam was so in for it.