Chapter Nineteen

(Skip to about 1:36 on the video and you'll understand the scene that will be unfolding in the chapter later on, only it will be Ashton and Carpenter playing bride and groom. Also there will be no wrapping the legs around him. PS: time skip to game three against the Royals.)
Ashton's P.O.V.-
I had taken the second game off against the Royals in order to get my head on straight. I was in shock over what happened the other day. I needed time and my dad was right about that. He forced me to take yesterday off, but he was right. I just can't say that to his face. If I do he will pull the 'I'm always right' card. And we don't need that.
Anyways, I walked up to the dugout and all of the guys were out on the field doing whatever it was they were doing. I set my bag down on the bench and then walked up onto the field. Waino was the first to see me and you wouldn't believe what he did. He ran over to me and picked me up, slinging me over his shoulder.
He then proceeded to run around singing that I was back. Once he finally put me down, he set me down right in front/next to Carpenter. I nearly fell over, but Matt helped keep me right side up.
"What was that?" I asked Adam as soon as I could manage to say something.
"Just glad Miss Cardinal is back." He smiled. "How are you feeling?"
"A bit dizzy, no thanks to you." I turned and walked over to my dad. I hugged him. "Hi."
"Hello. How was your day off?" He asked.
"It was needed, but only because of what happened two days ago."
"I knew you would need it."
"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I rolled my eyes and he proceeded with what he was doing.
*Game time*
It was raining, so we ended up with a rain delay. I was sitting down playing on my phone when I noticed a bunch of guys weren't down here. I locked my phone and went up to see what was going on. To my surprise they were having a dance off with the Royals.
I saw a bunch of fans watching them and some were even videoing it. I pulled my hood up and stood there watching them as they continued to dance it out. I tried to hide the smile on my face, but was not doing very well.
Soon they stopped and Waino said something to one of their players before coming back to the dugout. He mumbled something to Holliday and then they both looked at me. I knew they were going to involve me with their dance off thing. I just had a feeling I wouldn't be able to escape this. They came over to me and pulled me off to the side.
"What do you two want now?" I asked.
"Well to settle our little dance off, we decided to preform a skit. We decided on a wedding and we want you to play the bride, seeing as how you are the only girl on the team." Waino whispered to me.
"No. Not just no, but heck to the no." I whispered back.
"Please. Please. Please. Please. Please." He started begging me.
I looked at Holliday. "And you like this idea too?" I asked him.
"Yeah. We have an advantage. You. I don't think they realize we have a girl on our team." He explained.
"Who's playing the groom?"
"We can't tell you that." Holliday said.
I stood there and thought about it. "I will only play bride, if my dad is the one giving me away to which ever player you pick."
"Deal." Waino said and then dragged Holliday off with him. I can't believe I just agreed to that.

Mike's P.O.V.-
I was sitting in my office, when Wainwright and Holliday walked in. I looked up at them and they looked like they had gotten themselves into some sort of trouble.
"What did you two do this time?" I questioned.
"Nothing. Why does he always think that?" Adam asked Matt.
"I don't know. Maybe because it's you." Matt responded.
"Anyway, we sort of had a dance off and now we are going to do a skit. We decided to do a wedding and we need you to give the bride away." Adam said really fast.
"Who's playing the bride?" I asked.
"Ashton." Holliday said. "But she will only do it if you agree to give her away."
"Who's playing the groom?" I had a feeling I knew who it would be.
"Carpenter." Adam whispered.
"Deal. When are we doing this?" I stood up and grabbed my jacket.
"Now actually." And we then left my office.

Ashton's P.O.V.-
I was waiting in the dugout for the boys to come back. When they came back they had my dad behind them and were arguing about who would play maid of honor and best man. I smiled at how childish they were being and I'm sure the boys up in the booth were having a field day with this.
"But I want to play best man." Holliday said. "You're closer to Ashton anyways." He defended.
"But I thought I was playing best man." Waino said. "This was my idea."
"Boys." I stepped in. "Holliday will play best man and you will play maid of honor." Waino pouted while Holliday did a little victory dance. "Are we going to do this or not?" I asked.
"Yeah. We need you to go get all the guys down stairs while we get everything set up." I grumbled but did what they asked none the less. I got all the guys down stairs to come up there. Not an easy job, but I managed to get it done. When I came back up they had about 16 guys out on the field squatting, acting like they were sitting in chairs, then they had one guy with a book looking thing in his hands playing preacher was Molina, and then they had Holliday standing next to the guy playing groom. Then there was Michael Wacha playing the photographer, and Mark Reynolds was playing the ring bearer. I found it quite amusing.
"Who's playing groom?" I asked my dad.
"You'll see." He took my arm and lead me out onto the field. I pulled my hood up and we walked to our position. Waino told us who was playing the flower girl, Kolton Wong. He had a set of cups in his hand and he would be throwing them down like flowers. I was having a hard time keeping a straight face.
Adam finally went down to his position, but he then came back down and smiled at me. "Oh and Carpenter is playing the groom." Then he ran back to his position. I glared at Adam, who just smiled. Kolton started squat walking and then the guys stood up. Dad led me down the little isle and then passed me off to Carpenter.
Molina did the little ceremony thing and then Matt just hugged me. I was thankful I didn't actually have to kiss him. After it was over, the guys from the Royals came over to us and were shaking hands with us telling us that our skit was really good and all of that. I couldn't stop laughing at how stupid we must have looked.
Game got postponed, but we all had a good time with the dance off and little skits we did. I couldn't believe I played the bride of Matt's. I hated Adam now with a burning passion.