Truths compared

I once had a friend, more like a mutual love interest. That guy, whom we will call Tomato for the sake of his identity, told me many yesterday's ago something that I thought was true and relevant. That is, until today. We were talking and he said "Lue quote me on this. Give positive vibrations, receive positive connotations. That's a great quote." To which I now believe, it is a false.
Perhaps it is my bias. Today I see that as a stupid quote. You cannot give and expect anything in exchange. That was my mistake. To believe in that specific quote. A more proper quote would be, You can't keep dancing with the devil and ask why you're still in hell, or maybe Destroy what destroys you.
See, the thing about his quote was not that it won't happen, it's that it happens too often.
I give you good vibrations and you give me the right mixture of words I want to hear. Not the ones I need to hear.
Then in the process our human brains make up stories and millions upon thousands of scenarios of what those connotations might mean. Hints of lies and undertones of truths.

"I should have been sitting under the veranda instead
of being stuck in a bench on a rainy day."

"I should have not been too nice, kept my distance, and this wouldn't have happened."

Too often our brains misinterpret the connotations because not everyone believes in giving them. We see differently and think simultaneously of all the good out comes along with the bad. Our brains are not computerized chips with one correlation. One path. We have free will. The will to see what is the truth and what is a lie. Most of the times we will get the positive connotations and that's why I disagree with the quote. It's all bullshit.

-L.B

Nov. 18, 2017.