Bomba

He has tan skin. When I saw him on November 17, the night was busy. Cars passed by and slowed down to look at us. We were outside my house sitting in the tailgate of my dads truck. I remember for a moment where we were quiet. I was looking at him and he was looking at the palm tree in my yard. The light from my house was dim but we had a soft glow from the moon. I admired him so much. It's a moment I keep in my mind often. I guard that moment with my soul. I had to look away. I knew then that I was falling in love. I was falling in love with the person. The soft, calming voice. The laughter. The understanding and attentive man he was. I was falling in love and I had to look away. I pulled my legs up so I could rest my chin on my knees and looked at the opposite direction. When I turned back to look at him, he was looking at me. His eyes were always dark, but not in a dangerous way. His eyes were just dark. There was no meaning behind it. His eyes were just dark. He was looking at me with his chocolate eyes. I felt at peace. I didn't feel uncomfortable. I wanted to sink into him. I wanted to tell him all my problems. I wanted to tell him how he had entered my life when I needed him the most. That God himself made me for him and that we were starting a new beginning. I never said anything. We stayed like this for minutes before he started talking again. He was not perfect, but that moment itself was perfect and that is how I choose to remember him by. 

-L.B.

December 13, 2017.