thirty five

lmao please don't kill me ilu all
~

'it's not a trap, arthur!' merlin yelled defensively

gwen had left the two boys hours ago and they were already fighting, this time about a text from gwaine.

'mordred said they had something planned for you! i have a right to be skeptical'

'just like you have the right to keep the information that my ex-best friend is trying to kill me?' merlin laughed in a way that scared arthur

'i couldn't exactly tell you!' arthur said

'why not?' merlin shouted

'i was deaf, merlin! or have you forgotten?' arthur shouted back

'you could speak though!'

'you still aren't going' arthur said stubbornly, arms folded across his chest

merlin scoffed and smiled darkly

'i don't, and will never, need permission from you arthur pendragon!' he seethed

'so you'd let me go if we traded places?'

'if your friend texted and asked you to meet up after school? of course i'd let you!'

'merlin! i just don't want you to get hurt!'

'bullshit!' merlin yelled, throwing his arms down at his side violently 'you just don't like the fact that i have other friends, that im not this lonely little boy that you can fix up and make fall in love with you!'

'don't you dare bring love into this' arthur spoke, pure fury contaminating his mind

'isn't that what you think of me though?' merlin said 'im this... thing you can put back together because you're such a good guy?'

'jesus christ, you think you're such a disaster!' arthur yelled

'i am! im a fucking walking tragedy and no matter how much you say you love me, that is never going to change!'

'you aren't, merlin! i don't know if you think it's cute or desirable but it's just weird!'

'obviously it's an act!' merlin mocked 'obviously i just hired by mum to give me up and then my adoptive mother to try and kill me! obviously i have complete control over my mental and physical health and im choosing to be so sick! obviously im making myself this way for an act!'

'you can't go!' arthur shouted

'don't you dare tell me what i can and can't do! im not your property and never will be! you and gwen aren't the only two people who care about me in this world!'

'really? then where has gwaine been when you were in hospital? where was his text to ask if you were okay when we didn't show up for weeks?' arthur asked 'oh, that's right. he doesn't care about you! hardly anyone does!'

merlins mouth hung open as he stood and watched arthur in disbelief

the blonde haired boy regretted the words as soon as they went out of his mouth, he had always had anger problems but he never lost his temper this badly.

he moved towards merlin to try and comfort him, guilt overtaking all of his emotions. merlin flinched and stumbled backwards, knocking over various photo frames.

'you're just like her' he whispered and arthurs heart plummeted to the floor.

'im, uh, gonna go to school now' merlin stammered as he stumbled around the room, wiping his eyes ferociously 'and i think it'd be best if i didn't see you there'

'what time will you be back tonight?' arthur asked quietly

'late' merlin replied, and with that he was gone