Eleven

ADRIENNE'S POV

After security left the dressing room, I turned to head back to where Lauren and Jakob were. When I walked into the room, I saw Jakob hugging Lauren as if he was trying to calm her down. I motioned with my hands to call Jakob over. When he approached me, I lead him out into the hallway.

"Jakob honey, I don't know what we're going to do with Lauren or her sister, but there's no way I'm letting her go back home with her mom. She's not fit to have a child. She's abusive and it's not fair on Lauren." Jakob understood and replied, "Could we take care of them? I mean, it's better than putting them in a rotting orphanage or a foster home." "We'd have to speak to your father about that. We'll talk to him after his show."

***

BILLIE'S POV

When I got backstage after the concert, I saw someone I didn't recognise sitting on the couch. "Who's that?" I whispered to Adrienne. "She's the sister of the young girl who passed out during your show. Her name's Lauren" she explained. I walked over to her as she looked distraught and very nervous.

"Hi Lauren." She looked up at me. "Hi Billie" she replied with a small smile that quickly faded away. "You okay? Do you know what happened to your sister?" I asked as I sat down beside her. "The security guard said she passed out. Possibly a panic attack, but we don't know for sure. We're waiting to hear her side of what happened. She's up now and away to get water from the staff room" she replied with a shaky voice. After she finished talking, her sister walked into the room, and Lauren ran over to hug her.

"Ms Anderson, we would like to ask you some questions about the incident", a security guard spoke up. Lauren and her sister sat down on the couch beside me.

"So, your first name is Megan, correct?" he asked. "Yes" she replied in a croaky voice. "Can you recall the incident and explain to us what you remember?" "Um I was okay during most of the song but then everything started getting blurry and I couldn't hear properly and then I started feeling sick" she explained. "Hm, sounds like you fainted. Were you warm or did you feel any sickness before the concert started?" he asked. "I think I was warm" she answered.

"Billie, can I talk to you about something?" Adrienne said softly as she peaked her head through the door into the hallway, trying not to interrupt the questions. I walked out into the hall and she closed the door.

After she explained about Lauren's mom, I was shocked. "So if you don't want her to go back home, are you saying we should take her to an orphanage?" I asked her. "That's what I wanted to discuss with you about. Jakob and I don't really want her to go to an orphanage or a foster home. I don't think it's fair to abandon her at some place she's not familiar with" she answered. "Are you saying... we should take her in?" I asked, confused. Adrienne didn't reply, but she looked at me as if to say yes. "Well, I'll admit, having more children in the house would make it more of a home. I mean, with Joey away on tour, the house seems kinda empty. I wouldn't mind having a couple more kids to give some guitar lessons to" I replied with a smile. Again, Adrienne didn't speak, instead she gave me an excited smile and hugged me tight.