Chapter 14

Defeated, Phil held out his arm and looked away feeling ashamed. He felt even worse when he felt Dan dab at it softly. Silent tears fell from his eyes as the memories of why he did it flooded into his mind. ‘why am I so stupid?’ He thought, bitterly.

Dan was the one to break the silence. “Phil, please, tell me why. Why did you do this?”

“I just…I couldn’t take it. It all became too much for me. You meant the world to me…and you just threw that in my face and left.”

Dan sat there feeling stunned. He wasn’t sure what hurt more, the fact that Phil felt like Dan left in anger or the use of the past tense ‘meant’. Did he no longer mean anything to Phil?

Phil could feel the weight of his words dragging Dan down. “Hey, come on. It’s in the past. Let’s go finish our video. Dil just gave birth, remember?”

They continued their video and any anxieties disappeared. They were laughing, joking and, for the first time in months, they were just as close as before.

“-and we’ll see you next time” Dan did his little salute

“Gooooooood BYE!” Phil reached up and turned the camera off.

He looked over at Dan, stared at him for a few seconds and tackle hugged him. “I’ve missed you so much.”

It took Dan a second to react but when he did, he wrapped his arms around Phil and held him tightly. “I’ve missed you too, Phil.” He pulled away to look at him. “Phil, I-“ Dan cut off. “Nevermind”

“No, what is it?” Phil asked, intrigued. “There’s nothing you can’t ask me.”

“I-Can I move back in?” Dan inquired nervously as he started playing with the edge of his shirt.

Phil just looked at him in shock.