Chapter 18

Word of what happened spread like a wildfire. Everyone kept calling him and stopping by. It drove him crazy. He just wanted to be alone to mourn. So he stopped answering the door and muted his phone.

How had everything gotten so bad? Phil is dead…how did this all happen?

Dan was a mess. He spent his days crying so hard he’d have a migraine for the rest of the day. Crying so hard, he’d throw up and just go back to crying. Other days he’d spend it laughing hysterically over anything and everything. Or he’d just sit there feeling empty.

He’s been in mourning before, but this was different. This was his best friend. His best friend, who died in his arms. His Best Friend who he shared everything with. He lost his other half. Dan didn’t believe in soul mates, Phil was the closest he’d ever come to it, even if it was all in the form of a friend.

Dan got up and went to his computer. Opening twitter, he saw hundreds of comments asking how he was and what would he do with the gaming Channel.

What would he do with it? He’d never replace Phil, and he felt it would be wrong to do it alone.

He went to the gaming Channel and clicked on the sims playlist, grinning as Phils voice starts the video. And for a few hours, Dan is able to escape reality and relive the moments of filming these videos. And then an ad cuts in. And he’s reminded, once again, that Phil is still gone.

It hurt so much. Every time he read something stupid, his first reaction was to go tell Phil…and then he’d remember.

With tears in his eyes, he did what he never thought he’d ever do. He hovered over the button. “Delete channel” and with a couple of clicks, DanandPhilGames was gone.