Chapter 6 - Phil

Phil woke up from an uneasy sleep filled with nightmares. He rolled over and looked at the clock. 5:24 am. Only 3 hours of sleep.

He looked around and realised he was in Dan's bed. The memories of last night flooded his mind. He realised that Dan was serious and hadn't come home last night.

He sighed, knowing that he wasn't going to be getting any more than that, pulled himself out of bed and went to the kitchen.

He sleepily made himself a bowl of cereal. He sat down on the couch and started eating. Two bites in, he dropped his spoon into the bowl and frowned. This didn't taste nearly as good as Dan's always did.

The realisation that Dan was still gone turned his stomach and with that, he dumped what was left down the drain and hid back in Dan's room and cried.

5 hours later, Phil sat there feeling empty and just staring at the ceiling, when his phone went off. Praying it was Dan, he jumped up and grabbed his phone. When he saw the notification, however, his face fell.

The notification was Dan, but it wasn't what he wanted. It was the complete opposite. Dan had uploaded the video. It was official now...

Phil took a deep breath and shakily hit play. The video was simply called 'I Moved Out' and already, Phil's phone was blowing up with notifications.

"Hello Internet. This video is going to be a little different. As you can see, this isn't my usual background. I've moved into my parent's place until I can find a flat of my own.

Phil and I decided that it would be best for both of us if we went our separate ways. We're still friends and we may collab from time to time, but we both needed a break.

You won't see a video from me for a while as I am looking for a new place to live, but I felt I should let you all know what's up.

Please don't harass Phil about this. This was already hard enough on both of us

Anyway, I guess that's everything. Bye for now.

Phil sat in shock as he realised that this was really happening. Dan was gone.

He sat there, staring blankly at the wall, as he tried, and failed, at sorting out his messed up thoughts for the fourth time that day.

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in a bit. Moving is hard, so updates may become a tad irregular for a bit, bear with me. Thanks for reading and I'll try to update again tomorrow instead of waiting until next Sunday 😙