Chapter 2: Broken Peace

That night a full moon hung over camp like an eerie omen and the deadly silence added to the creepy atmosphere. Skykit sat at the camp entrance with her step-brother, Webkit. They eagerly awaited their father's return even though they had different parents.

"I cant wait for Waterclaw to come back!" The ashen pelted tom-kit squeaked, his large gren eyes shimmering with joy.

"Yeah" Skykit mewed "I cant wait for Smokeclaw to return"

The kits were engulfed in a deep conversation and didnt notice a group of kits creeping up on them. It was too late and by the time Skykit had whirled around, Foamkit was upon her, batting her face hard. A yelp escaped her maw and she looked up at the malicious sea-green eyes which twinkled malevolently.

"Stop!" Webkit mewed uncertainly from Skykit's left.

She saw a flash of rusty ginger fur and Foamkit was off of her. She exhaled but the peace didn't last long because as soon as she got up Thistlekit had aimed and swung a paw round. it connected with the side of her head but luckily for her he was a cumbersome cat and toppled over, giving her time to pin him. Out of the corner of her azure eyes she saw Scorchkit and Foamkit in a vicious lock, battling ferociously. Webkit lashed out at Emberkit and caught his side. Skykit darted to the smaller kit's side with a hiss.

"You were a mistake!" Emberkit snarled to her, causing her clouded pelt to bristle.

"Come closer and say that" Skykit snapped back, finally retaliating against the mouse-brained toms.

Emberkit blinked and wondered whether to test the she but knew not to and scampered over to help Foamkit.

"Scorchkit!" Webkit's mewed sounded and he was racing to help his kin.

Skykit was a tail length away from Webkit and she leaped over him, tackling Emberkit who had been about to slash Scorchkit's side. She pinned the light brown tabby tom and hissed in his face.

"Your mother deserved to die" Foamkit yowled from his fight with Scorchkit.

Both Skykit and Emberkit went rigid with rage.

"What did you just say?" He snapped, pushing Skykit off and facing Scorchkit and Foamkit.

"Her mother deserved to die" Foamkit hissed, lashing out and catching Scorchkit's head.

Emberkit leapt at Foamkit and battered his head with such a great force that it took all of the other kits in the fight to yank him off. The cream pelted tom looked up, ultimately dazed.

"What was that for?!" He hissed at the struggling brown tabby.

"Skykit and I have the same mother!" Emberkit snarled as he lashed out, trying to reach the chuckling tom.

"Well if she gave birth to. that rat" He mewed, flicking a tail at Skykit "Then what were you meant to be."

Skykit hissed and let go, slashing the tom with a unsheathed claw. She had inflicted a bad injury but didn't care.

"Don't talk about my mother like that you piece of Fox-Dung" She hissed in his ear.

"Come on Thistlekit," Foamkit mewed shuffling away from the cats. "Come on Emberkit"

He turned back to his arrogant self when he was farther away and had the cheek to yowl "Puffy"

Emberkit's eyes blazed and he stalked after them, his tail soon disappearing into the shadows.

Skykit licked Scorchkit's wounds and he winced, his ginger pelt was laced in small streams of blood. Webkit returned from sneaking into the medicine cats den with some cobwebs and he put them down. They had found a little gap and were behind the medicine cats den. There was a hole when they could sneak in to get resources and Scorchkit jubilantly said that this was their base. The other two kits agreed and they called it the HiddenCamp. Their own little clan camp....