Chapter 12: Fiery trust

Just to recap ~

Redfur - Flame
Leaftail - Earth
Nightstream - Shadow
Snowfire -Dew

------------------------------

Skypaw sat outside the apprentice den with Dappledpaw. They had a great friendship and Skypaw had just told the tortoiseshell shecat about the new loners and their bonds with Smokeclaw.

"I believe you" she mewed plainly and Skypaw jumped.

They had been plunged into an icy silence after Skypaw told the she her news.

"Really?" She mewed and Dappledpaw nodded.

"Yep. I don't put it past the fleabag" Dappledpaw mewed.

Skypaw grinned. It was the truth that bonded their friendship like a spiderweb, every truth flicking an innocent fly out and replacing it with another spider, weird huh?

"Hey, Skypaw" a male voice called and she looked up to see the fiery furred loner padding over.

"What" she mewed ,hostily coating her mew.

"I, umm" Redfur mewed, suspicion flashing in his emerald eyes. "Talonblaze asked me to give you your battle training because his mate Blueice is kitting sometime to day and he wants to be there"

It was her chance to look at him with suspicion in her icy blue eyes.

"Okay, well I need to go tell him something quickly, you go ahead and I'll meet you there" the Russian blue shecat mewed and skittered away.

------------------------------ PLACESKIP XD ------------------------------

Skypaw entered the nursery and saw Talonblaze licking his mate, Blueice.

"Oh, Skypaw. Shouldn't you be with Redfur, I asked him to train you today," the tomcat mewed.

"I was just checking you verified this" she mewed.

"Come on Skypaw, you can trust them." Her mentor mewed and turned back to the light grey shecat.

"Okay then, good luck with your kits Blueice" she mewed.

"Thank you young one" she mewed with a smiled as the Russian blue she exited, smiling falsely.

------------------------------ Timeskip ------------------------------

Skypaw entered the sandy hollow to see a bored looking Redfur.

"Well you took your time" the tom mewed with a yawn.

"Sorry, Redfur" she mewed, trying not to add a snarl at his name.

"Now, Show me your twist, pounce and dodge" Redfur mewed and nodded for her to get ready.

Skypaw stepped closer as Redfur positioned himself. She crouched as he ran at her. In a swift movement the she propelled herself into the air and twisted her slender body. She landed directly on the flame furred tom's back and he turned it snap at her when she jumped off to the side and evaded.

"Good work" he mewed as she stood there panting. "Quick trivia, does a small or big cat use that move? Do they use it in a small or big cat?"

"A small cat does that to a big cat" she answered hesitantly.

"Correct" Redfur mewed, grinning softly.

Skypaw blinked her azure eyes. She knew that she couldn't trust him but it was so hard not to. His personality wasn't as fiery as it's true self is. She knew not to grow close because all of this was just.... just a facade.