Chapter 8 : Delayed

Skypaw sat with Emberpaw, Scorchpaw and Dappledpaw that night, all talking about what had happened with Foampaw. Most of their remarks were ' That was amazing' And 'He had ir coming' or ' Good for you Skypaw'. The russian blue shecat felt a pang of guilt for Foampaw but furious at Hawkfrost. She couldn't wait to fall asleep and give him a good telling off but part of her couldn't wait to laugh with him about in and embrace his company.

"That was some skill you had!" Emberpaw mewed, grinning widely, "I can't believe I was actually friends with that mouse brain"

"Yeah!" Scorchpaw mewed, also grinning at her.

"I think she must be exhausted so lets let her rest. We need our own rest too" Dappledpaw meowed sternly to the two tomcats.

"Yeah, I'm pretty tired. Not everyday you get to shred your rival eh?" Skypaw meowed, flashing Dappledpaw a grateful grin which she returned warmly.

The two toms curled up in their nests and were softly snoring in a matter of seconds. They had moved their nests so that Emberpaw, Scorchpaw, Dappledpaw and Skypaw were in a circle together. Dappledpaw sighed and settled in her nest, picking at stale pieces of moss and discarding them in her attempt to be comfortable. Skypaw did the same and curled up in a tight fluffy ball.

"Goodnight Skypaw" Dappledpaw meowed.

"Night Dappledpaw" Skypaw replied in a somewhat droning voice.

The world seemed to swim around her as sleep clutched her and she allowed it to swallow her up. She was suddenly plunged into icy cold darkness soon to awake in the DarkForest...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Skypaw's eyes burst open and she breathed in the icy air, a warm scent reaching her maw. She sat up as a brown tabby tom cat padded out of the shadows.

"Proud of my great work?" He mewed, leaning against a tree "I've seen how he treated you and couldn't just stand by."

"It was pretty cool i must admit but now I'm in trouble with my clan" Skypaw mewed, attempting to sound stern but failing slightly.

"Well at least you haven't got in serious trouble." Hawkfrost mewed, eyes shimmering malevolently.

"I guess" She meowed then looked up at him "Do i have any relatives here?"

"Hmm" His eyes glared at her. "Well Pursedclaw's is your father's brother so he is your uncle. Ghoulishkit visits him from Shadowclan and he is your cousin so i guess so. Why?"

"I just wanted to know why I always come here" Skypaw mewed serenely.

"Oh. Well anything else to scold me on?" Hawkfrost mewed, tilting his head and putting on a childish innocent face.

"Visit me more often" She purred and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Sure thing Kiddo" he said, resting his chin on her head. "See ya soon Sky"

She stepped back as iciness clutched at her paws and dragged her out and she felt her fur flail in the watery wind. Her pupils dilated as she crossed yet again from the Place Of No Stars to the Thunderclan apprentice den.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"-- Yes but what will Flamestar think?" A male voice mewed from outside the den.

"He won't mind, we shall rid of Darkforest Flea" Ivythorn's cruel mew sounded and Skypaw lifted her head.

Moonlight drenched in and she saw Ivythorn and Smokeclaw's slender muzzles illuminated by the moon's dark pale rays. Ivythorn's sharp claws ejected and her lip curled into an evil smirk. Smokeclaw nodded and lifted his paw.

"What is happening?!" Hawkfrost's soft but urgent hiss sounded in her ear and she felt his warm fur press against hers.

"Shhhh, listen" she mewed back softly and glared as she didn't dare to sit up.

"So it's decided, rid of Skypaw and her cronies" Smokeclaw's sneering meow sounded.

Skypaw's heart stopped and her azure eyes widened in shock. She froze rigid in her nest and her breath halted. Even the wind seemed to stop and hold itself.

"R-rid of...." Skypaw and Hawkfrost uttered and he seemed to huddle closer.

"I won't let them, you will be safe Skypaw" he mewed, licking her head comfortingly but shakily.

'Rid of.....'