Chapter 20: I see an alternative

Skypaw P.O.V

I retreated into the apprentice den. There must be a hole or something. My cerulean orbs were frantically scanning the darkness. I heard scuffling and glanced over my shoulder. I watched in horror as Redfur and Smokeclaw fought. My father was wiping the floor with the male. I flinched and turned back to what I was doing.

"Skypaw" a voice hissed and I turned with claws unsheathed to face the stranger.

Shock gripped my soul and yanked my insides around. My eyes locked on a pair of icy blue ones. A dark brown figure was silhouetted against the cold light at gave an eerie glow to the den. I attempted to walk but my paws were seemingly rooted to the ground. My vocal chords were tight and I was unable to speak.

"Don't just stand there" the male said in an urgent tone, darting to the back of the den and clawing some vines out of the way.

It revealed a hole in the ground. Some dirt trickled down and made a small mound. The tom gave a triumphant grin and gestured for me to enter. I looked at the opening. It was a gaping hole with some vines covering it and some flowers growing out of it. The smell of damp earth and holly juice wafted up and intrigued me.

"Thanks Hawkfrost, but where in the light of Starclan have you been?!" I said, turning my gaze to the dark brown furred male.

He grimaced lightly and gave me a look saying 'don't ask' and gestured for me to go into the hole. I didn't hesitate and leapt down into the dark, cerulean orbs glowing in the shadows as Hawkfrost followed close behind.

As I was engulfed into darkness, a feeling of sorrow filled my heart. I felt Hawkfrost brush against me and a let a small smile grow.

It wouldn't be bad right?

"Well Well Hawky " a sneering voice sounded and we both looked up in shock.

ARGEHHFTHDDHH
My updates are horrible I'm so sorry ;^;
School is being too hard and updates will be slow but I've got a great plot to try and help wrap up the story. So enjoy :3
*Whispers* sowwy guys