Chapter 16: Scattered Souls and Broken Hearts

(Foampaw's P.O.V)

I raced along the forest path as fast as I could. My paws thumped lightly in the ground as twigs and leaves were crushed. I had to reach Windclan before they got me. I knew Statue was looking for me and I guessed that Smokeclaw would be pinning the murder on me.

A snarl formed on my mouth as I panted, shadows causing my bloodstained cream fur to have a dappled appearance. I skidded to a halt, almost running straight into a ginger and white feline.

She was a slender white cat with some ginger patches and blazing red eyes. Around her neck hung a broken heart locket, split jagged down the middle. A broken heart.

The shecat took a step towards me and I felt the shock wear off, taking a step away from the unfamiliar female. She took another step forward, claws unsheathed and anger dancing like fire in her eye. However, behind the flames there was pain.

She took a swipe at me, aiming to slash my face. I narrowly avoid the blow but she took off half of one one my whiskers.

"Back off alley cat" I spat viciously. "Your one of Statue's little cronies right?"

The feline blinked then bristled up and leapt at me. My sea-green eyes widened as she landed right infront of me. Before I could register what was happening, she swiped my paws from underneath me and I landed on the ground with a thud. My chin connected hard with the earth and I felt my vision blur.

"I am Heartbreaker" The feline announced coldly, stepping back and lashing her tail but pain was now completely apparent in her crimson eyes, "A former friend of Statue and one of the highest fighters of The Edge of Claws. I am the part of the Elite section of our group."

Heartbreaker took a step away with a sneer. I clambered awkwardly to my paws, pain pulsing through my head. She was not lier, her fighting skills seemed to be elite but I got the bad feeling that she was only playing whilst fighting with me. Her skill range seemed to be further that what she had shown.

"Remember my name. Heartbreaker." The ginger and white femme hissed turning to bound off.

"Wait, why did you tell me that? Aren't you trying to bring down the four clans?!" I cried out after her. I needed answers. Why would she betray her group? Maybe it was an act. Maybe she was pretending.

"I am merely warning you. This battle is over but the Sky will fight to live another day. The broken hearted will aid the right side in the final battle." Heartbreaker mewed, seemingly mesmerised for moments, "I will meet you again. Foamflare"

"Foamflare..." I said, utterly bewildered. "Is that my warr-"

I froze. Heartbreaker was gone. The last thing I saw of her was a broken heart locket disappearing into the shadows. I had a feeling that I would be seeing her again. As I started to ponder on it, a voice called out saying something about 'the runaway Thunderclanner.'

"I guess that's me" I muttered, turning and pelting full speed towards the Windclan border. "The 'runaway Thunderclanner'"

Huh, it's got a nice ring to it but I don't want to keep it that way...

[Skypaw's P.O.V]

I watched through dull azure eyes. Daisypaw's funeral. Forestwish, who was now an elder, sobbed lightly into Smokeclaw's shoulder. I felt anger build up but it subdued slightly when I felt a tail brush my shoulder.

I looked around to see a sad looking Dappledpaw. She took a seat beside me and I gave her a comforting lick. Her and Daisypaw had been close, not as close as Dappledpaw was to me but they were still good friends.

I glanced over to Scorchpaw and Webpaw who had just gone and ushered Smokeclaw away so they could comfort their mother. I saw a vicious glint in his eyes as he stalked away, talking to Leaftail.

"Dappledpaw, why don't you go pay your respects to Daisypaw?" I heard someone meow, turning to see Nightstream with a stern expression.

Dappledpaw shot him a glare but got up and padded over to the small group giving Daisypaw their last words. I looked at the black furred male with narrowed blue eyes.

"You know who killed her. It isn't safe here however." He mewed swiftly.

"Wha-" I started but he cut across me.

"You can stay for a warrior ceremony but then flee for a while. To Windclan where Foampaw has gone" He said, muttering the last part and looking suspiciously around.

"But Smokeclaw will find me" I said in a dry tone.

"Have some faith Skypaw." Nightstream hissed before turning and walking away as Emberpaw approached.

"Hey sis, are you okay?" He asked lightly.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I replied, a little too sharply than what I should of.

"O-oh" Emberpaw mewed, looking down and shuffling his paw.

"Urr- Have you gone to give respect and last words yet?" I asked, feeling mild remorse at his downcast expression.

"No, I was thinking that we could go together..." He said, trailing off and looking up hopefully.

I nodded, showing a faint smile. We both approached the limp body of Daisypaw. Her once vibrant eyes were shut but her cream fur had been groomed and cleaned. I heard Forestwish wail as Scorchpaw and Webpaw lead her away.

My cerulean gaze fixed on Daisypaw as words buzzed around in my head. The only feline I had lost was my mother and I was too young to understand why so it wasn't a proper funeral for us.

"Umm. Daisypaw..." I said, trailing off and taking a big gulp before speaking, "I'm sorry, about everything. About rejecting you after because of your love of Foampaw. "

I heard Emberpaw mutter something about being sorry for not befriending her as much as he should of. A wave of sadness washed over me and I burst into tears.

"I'm so sorry about my father killing you." I muttered, turning and darting out of camp whilst ignoring everyone.

This was bad. Smokeclaw could kill me easily now and for all I knew, Statue could of been out here. I panted, leaning up against a tree. Lush grass brushed lightly against my paws as I slumped down. My gaze turns up to the azure sky.

'What am I going to do...' I thought desperately, 'Everyone will probably now think I killed her. But I'm not the culprit. What to do...'

"Hello there" a voice sounded, "Skypaw..."

------------
Ohhhhh snap, who is that with Skyeh? Well of course I know but it's up to you guys to use your imaginations. Who in Starclan's name is this feline? Dun dun durrrrrh.

So as I said Heartbreaker will probably be in chapters a lot more now because I have introduced her.
So comment who you think this stranger cat is.

COMMENT
VOTE
SHARE
ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY
AND MOST OF ALL, ENJOYYYYYY