Chapter 19: Don't blame us.

(a/n: This chappie may be a bit violent. I was also listening to Mama by My Chemical Romance whilst writing. I'd recommend to you to listen to that song whilst reading this :) )

Redfur's P.O.V

I stumbled slightly as the two cats holding me up stepped back. I lifted my head to glare at Smokeclaw as he approached with a vicious glint in his golden eyes.

He lifted an unsheathed paw up and before I could react, he brought it hard down into the side of my head. I was sent reeling back as my vision began to swim.

I allowed a soft cry to rumble from my throat. Where is Flarestar!? I thought desperately looking around as the edge of my vision blurred.

Then I saw it. My jaw dropped as my green gaze fell on a bundle of limp ginger tabby fur, Statue standing by its side. Smokeclaw was to become leader.

"I can't let this happen " I muttered, raising my glare to the smokey grey tabby who stood with a smug grin.

The male chuckled, lashing his tail and tensing. He was going to pounce. I knew it for sure.

"Well Redkit" He purred tauntingly, "It already has!'

And with that he pounced just as planned. I sidestepped he merely hit the ground and I used my tail to trip him up. A dirty alley-cat move.

I then kicked dust in his face causing the deputy to choke and splutter. I unsheathed my claws and lashed out, catching his face just below his eye. The metallic tang of blood stained the air.

"How" the deputy muttered, coughing up some dust and scowling at me.

I backed up to a tree as the tabby advanced menacingly towards me. I noticed that his paws were slightly pointing right. An amateur apprentice move.

I put my hind legs on the tree but Smokeclaw didn't see. In a flash, he darted in one direction. Right.

I shoved myself off of the tree and sprang right over his head. As soon as my paws hit the ground, I turned and raked my claws across the deputy's side.

Smokeclaw turned, blood dripping from the wound above his eyes and from his side.

"I thought you was better than this " Statue sneered.

The smokey grey tabby's eyes flared with rage and without warning, he lashed out at me. I had no time to react as his claws slashed my face. Immediately after, he bit down on my ear and tore a chunk off.

I let out a cry of pain as he slammed into me so I fell back. I heard a shout from Nightstream but ignored it, pulling myself to my paws. I narrowly sidestepped as another huge paw crashed down beside me. I sprung forwards, head butting the deputy's side and sending him reeling back.

He tripped over a rock and fell, smashing his head on the tree. Gasps filled the air as I shakily stood up straight. The smokey grey tom's body twitched a few times until he attempted to get to his paws. His golden eyes were cloudy and blood dripped from his head.

"I have no use for losers in this place" Statue growled, icy gaze fixed coldly on the defeated deputy. "Raven, Coal. You know what to do"

The two black toms that had slipped over to Statue whilst we fought. I felt two cats by my side and looked up at Nightstream. The black furred male looked down at me with worry and disapproval in his cold eyes. As soon as I looked to my paws guiltily, his gaze softened. The other cat by my side was Leaftail.

Webpaw was soon over to me with herbs. He started to patch me up but I didn't even realize. I watched Raven and Coal smirk at me. Coal swiftly pinned Smokeclaw down. He let out a groan of confusion, the dreamy look in his eyes disappearing. Raven unsheathed his claws and I cringed. The black tom had his claws replaced with raven talons which had been a challenge. They were sharp and deadly.

"WAIT!" Smokeclaw cried desperately, the horror of the situation and panic taking over him, "I am still useful I-"

"Well, go ahead Raven" Statue said with a smirk, "Say hi to Hawkfrost in the Darkforest for me"

I was almost as shocked as Smokeclaw at that moment. How did the leader of the Avian know about the Darkforest and Hawkfrost?! Smokeclaw was close to tears.

Raven brought up his paw and slashed it down, a venomous light in his cold blue eyes. His sharp bird talon claws sliced easily and swiftly through the former deputy's neck. Crimson sprayed everywhere from the neat gash. Coal hopped nimbly off Smokeclaw and the tom let out a strangled cry of pain. His smokey grey body fell limp and his head lolled to the side, golden eyes glazed over. He was gone as blood still trickled from his wounds.

He was dead...

Sorry again that it was one P.O.V but hey, that evil tom is dead :D YAY I looked forward to this moment for so long XD
Next will obviously be a whole heap of drama. >:D I can't wait to get on the next part. Also, I'm gonna write a super edition for Heartbreaker cause she will be a part of all of this strange craziness.

I hope you enjoyed :D happy late New Years. Peace out Sparkles :3

VOTE
ADD THIS BOOK TO YOU LIBRARY
ENJOY
AND FOLLOW MY ACCOUNT IF YOU AREN'T ALREADY.