Chapter 14: Don't Worry

You guys seemed to really like the last chapter as far as I am aware! sorry about the cliffhanger deal, but it had to be done to make this chapter as gooda as the last U v U

as of now, i have the entire arc to the very end of the fic planned out, including a basic layout for each chapter so hopefully the chapters will be pumped out sooner! id like to thank my beta, arimarhodes, for working with me on this and helping me so much! i take so long on  writing and we had to work out a lot of things with time zones so that we could exchange the files between each other, so there was quite a bit of hassle ! id also like to thank Frankthezombie for giving me the idea for the whole car crash thing, and for helping me a ton with ideas for the future ^ v ^ 

on another note, whoa 24,000+ reads?????? i love you guys so much and i appreciate every single comment, vote, message, and read~ 

team nice dynamite with a little bit of team better friends (because rays a sweetie)

-----------------------------

"Is he... okay?"

The soft-spoken inquiry was what broke the silence after they drove by the crash site. Geoff's eyes went wide with surprise at Gavin's question, expecting more blubbering. It took a moment, but Geoff eventually found his voice again. But that didn't seem to keep the unsureness out of his tone as he answered.

"I'm, uh, I’m not really sure."

The control that Gavin seemed to have a second before dissipated in an instant as he bit his lip to hold back the words of blame that threatened to break loose. Spitting out phrase after phrase of cussing, he slammed his fist down on the dashboard. He blamed the driver that hit Michael for causing the injuries. He blamed Michael for being reckless. He blamed fate for causing it to all happen at once. And he blamed himself because it wouldn't have happened if he had asked someone else.

'No, Oh God, that's no way to think. This isn't the time for that. No time to think about anything but Micool right now. And I'm definitely not helping anything by throwing a fit,' Gavin thought to himself, trying to calm himself down for the better.

Barely managing to collect himself again, he focused on the road ahead and searched for an indication of how close they were to the hospital. But Geoff must've read his mind because he sighed and muttered that they were "at least only a few minutes from the fucking hospital." Rounding one more corner, they sped into the parking lot as fast as Geoff was able to drive without scratching another car as they parked.

They hit the pavement as soon as they could get out of their seatbelts, jogging lightly towards the tall building with the same thoughts bouncing around in their heads. What's Michael's condition? Where is he? I better be able to see him. Are they helping him? He must be in pain. Just what the hell's going on?

Please be okay.

---------------------------

Michael was whisked away to a room almost as soon as he was lifted out of the ambulance. The nurses pushed him into a room on the first floor for urgent care, Ray trailing not far behind and only slowing to weave between other doctors and patients. The nurses refused to let Ray inside the room, much to his frustration. Reluctantly, he took a seat at one of the nearby benches and glared at the door as nurses hauled bags of fluid and stands, oxygen machinery, and masks inside.

Shortly after they caught a doctor to look over Michael, the doctor reappeared and strode over to Ray with a clipboard in hand. Ray stood up swiftly, attacking the man with a million questions. The practitioner stopped him mid-interrogation and asked him who he was and what his relation to Michael was.