f i v e

a/n ; sorry I haven't updated in a hot minute, I really don't have an excuse other than being insecure about my writing skills lmao

----------

all of the boys have had their phones blow up with notifications from Twitter; mostly on the picture of yoongi and jungkook together. some of the replies including:

"OMG SHIPSHIPSHIP"

"gayyyyy"

"You're so cute!!"

and yoongi's personal favorite;

"oh"

and of course there's some replies about how they would rather have taehyung and jungkook date, or hoseok and yoongi.

the thing that yoongi didn't understand about this whole thing is; why have a rare pair "date" instead of a popular one? they would get a lot more attention if jimin and jungkook dated rather than jungkook and himself.

so that's exactly what he asked seokjin.

"no one expects it, it'll stir up a lot of controversy. that's what we want, right?"

no. yoongi liked attention, but not this kind. sure, some of the reactions were positive, but a lot were negative.

"jungkook, we need to talk" he had said, interrupting his gameplay of overwatch.

they walked- well, more like yoongi dragged jungkook- to yoongi's room.

"Is it important enough to interrupt my gaming session?" jungkook asked, annoyed.

"Yeah. have you seen some of the replies about us "dating"? they're not the best. I almost want to end it right now, but I don't know how that would go over. we've been fake dating for a week." yoongi said, rubbing his forehead frustratingly.

"yoongi hyung, can I tell you something? I was going to tell you later, but I figured now would be a good time." jungkook said nervously.

yoongi nodded, motioning for him to continue.

"I'm gay" jungkook said, twiddling his thumbs.

"Oh, well I'm glad you told me. I'm happy for you. I should probably tell you that I'm bisexual." yoongi said.

jungkook had a surprised look on his face.

"so you weren't lying during the broadcast?" jungkook asked.

yoongi shook his head with a smile.

they embraced each other, yoongi adding a rub to jungkook's back.

"go on a date with me"