I Understand

"Demi what are you doing here?" Wilmer asked.

"I was inside and I saw you" I quietly replied.

The door of the store opened and out came Naya. I turned my head to smile at her and I turned back to Wilmer crossing my arms.

"I taught you hated m-"

"Wilmer we're going are you coming?" Erick asked and both Wilmer and I looked at him.

"Hi Demi" he said.

"Hey" I half smiled.

"Demi, I'm sorry I gotta go" Wilmer said a his friends walked away.

"What are you doing tomorrow, I really need to talk to you about something" I said grabbing his hand by accident.

Wilmer looked to our hands "why? is everything ok?" He asked worried

I quickly pulled my hand away "yeah everything is ok, it's just" I sighed heavily "look can we talk tomorrow your friends are waiting"

"Yeah, sure I'm not busy. I'll text you or something" he said.

"Show me your phone, I got a new number" I put out my hand out.

"I guessed" he slightly laughed "I tried calling" he handed me his phone.

I put my number into his phone and handed it back "well I guess, I'll see you tomorrow" I said and turned around to walk away.

As I walked Wilmer called me "Hey Demi"

I turned around and Wilmer was now in front of me "yeah?" I asked.

Before I knew it his face came crashing towards mine but I had enough time to turn my head so the kiss landed on my cheek.

I felt my eyes tear up "I can't" I quietly whispered trying to keep my tears in "I've got to go" I quickly turned around and walked back to the car where Naya waited and got in.

As I sat down tears began to stream from my eyes "was that him?" Naya whispered.

I nodded my head "it hurts so bad" I cried and Naya pulled me into her arms "it took me so much strength to walk away and not kiss him" I cried more.

I looked back over to see Wilmer still looking at me through the car. I quickly sat up and wiped my eyes "can we go?"

"Sure" Naya said starting the engine.

The car started up and we drove past where Wilmer stood and for a split second our eyes met as I stared out the window. In that moment every little feeling I've ever had for him came rushing back 500 times worse. I still love him, I'm still in love with him.

______

My night with Naya had gone perfectly to plan. we sat down all night and watched romantic movies while stuffing our faces but now I was on my way back to my hotel so I could get ready to see wilmer.

"You ok Dems?" Elena asked as we drove "you're really quiet today?"

"I'm ok" I half smiled "I've just got a lot on my mind"

"Oh, well you want to do something today to take your mind of it?" she asked.

"Leny I wish I could.Really, but I have to go see someone" I sighed.

"It's ok" she smiled "where were you last night, you never came back?"

"I stayed with Naya, she was upset about something" I replied.

"Oh ok, are you staying out tonight?" she asked.

"Nope, I'll be back early. I'm just going to lunch" I confirmed. "maybe we can do something then" I smiled.