22

★ Ashley ★

Turns out Marissa wasn't in school today. I asked the teachers and they said the evil step bitch called in to inform them, Marissa would be out of school due to poor health. Okay, they didn't call her that but we all know who she is.

I honestly couldn't concentrate even the girls were worried.

"Ashley if you're worried we can go over there right after school." Alice rubbed my back soothingly.

I gave her a small smile.

"That'd be great except the snake has bodyguards ready to throw me off their property. I don't even know where Marissa's Dad is. I know for a fact he'd never let something like that happen."

"Hmm yeah. I don't trust Marissa's step mum either. Have you guys noticed the way she looks at Marissa when Mr Kyles isn't looking? I bet before we hang out with her Marissa must have had to put up with her every day." Sarah pointed out.

"But guys since when has Marissa ever been out for being sick? I mean really. She's pretty much known throughout the school and I don't remember once when she wasn't in. She practically has the best attendance since she got in here." Rachel said in a worried tone.

"Ugh, I would seriously pound that bitch in if she was here."

I couldn't help it. It's true. What kind of person is like that? She's not only stopping me from seeing my number one girl but she must be keeping Marissa away from us. It has to be. What else does it look like?

"Okay, before we do anything let's think logically here. We don't know where Mr Kyles is and from what we can all tell he loves Marissa so we find out where he is first. Then we decide how to approach Marissa without being thrown out or better yet caught."

I have to say I really do love Cindy's way of thinking. She always was the smart one out of us which would surprise anyone out of our group except for our closest friends who really knew us.

"Yeah, that's a good idea we should definitely sneak in so we don't deal with the evil step mum." Alice nodded.

"And I can ask my Dad if he knows about where Mr Kyles is. He's already in the higher-ups with the business world. I bet he'd know something." I asked everyone.

They all nodded finalizing our plan and Alice had a small grin on her face.

"Gotta admit Ash, your Dad in a suit. Remember when he swore up and down he'd never give in to the evil ways of those company men and now he is one." She giggled.

That is so true. It even made me and the girls laugh. They all knew my Dad well and he knew them well enough. But it is a good thing that he got raised up to where he is now because getting in touch with Mr Kyles would be hard seeing as he's way up in the business world. Let's just say it's like comparing the lower floors to the tops floors and no one goes up there.

"We are so ready for this." I chuckled.

The girls let out a small smile and I smiled too. Nothing would keep me from seeing Marissa let alone stop me from being with her.

*

Don't forget to Vote and Comment. Thank you :)

 Thank you :)