Chapter 1

I glanced at my wristwatch. I sighed. It's almost 8 pm, and here I am, still waiting for a taxi.

I'm not going home like what students usually do at this late hour. I'm going to a hospital. My aunt was sick and I was the one who was in charge of staying there with her.

I scratched my eyelids. I felt sleepy. But I knew I still have to stay awake cause I can't sleep yet. I'd have to sleep later.

Finally, a taxi arrived. I hopped in and waited for 10 minutes to arrive at the hospital.

After a quick ride, I went out of the car door. I sighed. I hate hospitals. Not because of the sick people, I just don't want to pity them. Cause I know I can't do anything for them.

I seeped in a quick breath and went through the glass doors. I already knew which room my aunt was staying in so I didn't bother to ask a nurse. I went in the elevator and went to the third floor.

I walked past the silent hallway. I always felt safe in quiet places. Some people may get creeped out but not for me.

It wasn't longe before I heard something squeeking. Like wheels. I looked back and saw nothing. I shrugged it off and went kn my aunt's room.

She was sleeping, with an IV needle on her hand. She had appendicitis and is resting after her surgery.

I sat down and looked at her. I wish she would just wake up and talk to me. I hate being alone often. I want someone to talk to.

I sat there dor 15 mins. Just doing nothing and staring at the cream white walls and rubbing my hands together because they were becoming cold due to the airconditioner. I sighed and stood up. I decided to go to the rooftop. It's warmer up there.

I donned my jacket and walked quietly out the room. I went to the elevator and pushed the button up to the top floor.

A cold but more bearable gush of wind blew across my face as I reached the rooftop. I sat down on the wooden bench and looked at the city lights.

I still have school tomorrow, yet here I am staying up late at night. I was sleepy a while ago but now, it seemed that I'm not anymore. Ugh. Now what do I do?

It wasn't long when I heard a loud creaking noise. I turned around so hard that my hair whipped across my face. I saw a boy, on a wheelchair. Looking at my direction.

I didn't know if I should be surprised to see him, or be surprised because of what he looks like. He was wearing a patient's clothes, blue slippers. He had warm brown hair that almost covered half his eyes. He had the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen.

He looked so perfect. I never imagined God to create someone this ethereal. Like he looked like he came from heaven. But, I glanced down on his legs. They look fine to me, but the wheelchair is enough for me to know what was wrong with him.

"Stop staring. Please." His voice was like honey. Sweet. But with a tone of anger. I had to blink twice before noticing I was staring at his legs.

"S-sorry." I replied quickly and turned around. Omg I didn't meant to be rude.

I heard him sigh and more creaking of wheels. I used my peripheral vision and saw him position himself right beside the bench I'm sitting in. I fought the urge to look at him and gazed at the moon.

I heard a shiver and a loud sigh. That was the time I actually looked at him. He had his arms gradually wrapped around him. His lips were a bit blue. He's cold.

"H-hey." I managed to blurt out. He looked at me with confusion in his eyes. I moved closer. I really have a weakness for these kind of scenarios.

"Are you cold?" I asked. He looked down and bit his lip. He looked like he's trying to resist. He shook his head.

Really? Like he can lie at the way he looks right now.

"I think you are." I said and didn't mind him. I took off my jacket and wrapped it around him. His eyes were like really huge now. Like he had the shock of his life.

"W-What are you doing?" He asked still shocked. I smiled shyly. Maybe I'm too nice. Maybe I'm creeping him out.

"Keeping you warm." I said quietly. I looked away and felt my cheeks turn bright pink.

He turned quiet and I guessed he was uncomfortable. I breathed in and out.

"I-If I'm making you uncomfortable, I can leave, but keep the jacket I think you need it." I said and was about to stand up when he abruptly turned his head.

"N-No. S-Stay. Sorry. I'm just surprised." He said and flashed his small dimples when he pursed his lips. He looks like a baby.

I sat down more comfortably. We just sat there staring at the moon, listening to nothing but our own breathing.

"What are you doing here in the hospital by the way miss?" He asked me, the tone of shyness barely visible.

"I'm here to visit my aunt. And sleep here." I said. When I said sleep, I felt my eyes suddenly grow heavy. I yawned.

"Oh okay. I'm glad I finally have someone to talk to. It gets lonely up here once in a while when my hyungs don't visit me." The way he speaks seems like he's still really young, but it's really obvious he's older than me.

"Oh really? I'm glad I can keep you company. I felt bored too." I said and yawned again. I saw him look at me then smiled. Though I didn't get to see his smile cause my eyes were really blurry cause of sleepiness.

"What's your name?" He asked me.

"I'm Kim Soomin." I said and felt my head drop. I was really sleepy.

"Soomin. Nice to meet you." I said and felt my head hit something a bit hard but not too hard. In fact it felt comfortable.

"I'm Jeon Jungkook." That was the last thing I heard before I fell asleep.