Chapter 12

"You know Sooyun? Wow. That girl is a big mouth isn't she. Despite her size she cyan be really loud." Jungkook said as he was eating the red velvet cake I bought for him.

"Why do you always pick on people who are smaller than you?" I giggled and playfully slapped his arm. He chuckled then scrunched his nose.

But even though I was happy here, there was still this nagging feeling inside of me. I knew it was about Taehyung. It's just that, I don't like it when people are upset with me.

Suddenly, Jungkook stopped eating. He put down his plate on the side table then hugged me.

"I can tell you have a problem. It's okay if you won't tell me. Just know that I'll always be here. Here's a hug for you." He said playfully and I relaxed in his arms.

I didn't say anything as he hugged me tightly. He was humming a tune while he was gently rubbing my back to sort of calm me down and it did.

"Can I sleep?" He asked and I nodded on his shoulder. He yawned then he laid his head on the pillow. As soon as he was asleep, I got down the bed.

I decided to stretch my legs and go to the rooftop. As I was walking down the empty hallway, I seeped in a deep breath as my head started to throb again.

I sighed and stopped by the pharmacy to buy painkillers again. I should take a nap. But I really wanted to go to the rooftop. So I decided to sleep on the bench.

I climbed my way upstairs and was greeted by the fresh air as I stood in the open. I walked to the bench and took my painkillers and drank water from my water bottle that I bought along with the medicine. I used my hands as a pillow and closed my eyes.

I felt relaxed and the painkillers were starting to take control. I heaved a deep sigh of contentment.

Just on the verge of sleeping, I heard someone's footsteps. I didn't bother opening my eyes since it must be another patient and I'm sure they won't mind me sleeping here.

I still listened for their footsteps. It was coming closer to me. I stopped breathing altogether when I felt someone crouch down to look at me. But I still didn't open my eyes.

I felt whoever this was kiss my forehead and I flinched and quickly groaned pretending I was asleep.

"Aish. Why is she even sleeping here?" I was shocked when I heard Taehyung's voice. But I didn't dare open my eyes. I felt him gently patting my head like I was a baby kitten.

"Just so you know, it kills me to ignore you but I have to. Otherwise, I might've did something I could regret. I like you a lot Soomin. And I regret not telling you sooner. Now look what happened, somebody got to you first." He sighed as if he was in pain and I managed to not open my eyes to comfort him. This way, I could listen to him.

"Jungkook is a nice guy for you. I hope you'll always be there for him. If it wasn't any of my friends, I could've fought for you. But I can't. Jungkook is my friend. My brother. As much as I want you, I'd give you up because someone wants you too as much as I do." He said as he stroked my cheeks.

I realized Tae was giving up. That he would sacrifice his love, for his friend. I felt a sharp blow in my heart to hear him like this.

"Just know, that I really do love you. Maybe one day I'll stop being an immature kid right now, I'll talk to you again. I'll be here when you need me." He said and lightly kissed my forehead.

"I love you." He murmured and I felt my heart was crushed.

A few minutes later, I heard his barely audible footsteps walking away and I sat down. I felt like crying. I hate it when I hurt someone.