Chapter 17

"Open your eyes Soomin!"

I hesistantly opened my eyes and gazed at my own reflection. My mouth dropped into a perfect "O" as I looked at the woman in front of me.

I couldn't believe what I'm seeing. I'm not even sure if it's me.

I looked plain before. I had long straight black hair that ran past my elbows. But now, my hair was cut a bit short but still long enough, only reaching past my shoulders, and my hair was more wavy than straight.

"I can't believe it." I said as I stared at myself in the mirror. Sooyun started to dance behind me and Jimin stared at her like he was sort of judging her..

"You look amazing!" She said and it took me a few more minutes before all of this can take in.

Sooyun insisted that this was all on her again and my brain was still processing my new look that I couldn't argue with her.

"Relax Soomin. You really do look beautiful." Jimin said as he stood beside me. The way he said that with sincerity made me feel happy. After all, the compliment was from a guy. If Jimin liked this, then I doubt that Jungkook won't like it either.

"Come on! Let's go see your boyfriend." Sooyun said and dragged me out the salon.

"He isn't my boyfriend." I mumbled softly which made Sooyun stop to look at me.

"What? But, you're together." She said sounding confused.

"He didn't ask me if I can be his girlfriend. Yet. Maybe? I don't really know. I'm confused too." I slowly mumbled surprised at my own words.

It never occured to me that he didn't ask yet. But then again, I didn't care.

"Oh." Sooyun let it drop and hopped in ths car. Jimin gave me a quick glance before opening the car door for me.

"Smile Soomin." He said and shot me back a smile of his own. There was something about his smile that seemes to uplift my mood and I smiled back. I got in the car and he closed the door, dashing to the other side to get in.

We drove for another 15 mins all the way to the hospital. During the ride, I started to feel anxious. I didn't feel like I looked good. I also didn't feel I looked bad. I just felt that I looked different.

And I also felt a bit queasy about the thing with Jungkook not being my boyfriend. It really didn't matter to me but it would still feel nice if it was official.

As we arrived to the hospital, I started to feel nervous. What if he doesn't like my new look?

"You comin' Jimin?" Sooyun threw a quick glance at her brother.

"Nah. I still have class remember? But I can drop by later. And you should call me oppa I'm older than you!" Jimin said and flick Sooyun's forehead which made her roll her eyes at him.

"Yeah yeah fine. Thanks anyway. See you later!" Sooyun waved. I waved at Jimin too as he drove away.

The walk to Jungkook's room was extremely painful. It's like I was going through a battle in my mind. Did I look good? What if I don't. It was making me frustrated that I didn't realize we were already standing at his door and before I can protest, Sooyun barged in and I quickly held my breath.

However, I was shocked at what I saw first.

Namjoon was smiling at Jungkook, who was making small steps towards him. I blinked quickly.

The scene was like a father teaching their son to walk for the first time. Jungkook looked down on his feet and I felt that he was concentrating not to fall.