Chapter 7

I sat down at the canteen. I ate my sandwich that I just bought and thought hard.

What am I feeling? Is it just infatuation? Is it really love or I'm just crazy. Aish.

"Mind if I sit?"

I looked at the guy in front of me, and saw Taehyung smiling widely and was carrying a box of donuts.

"Where the hell did you get that?" I asked because he wasn't carrying a box a while ago.

"Secret." He said then sat down in front of me and opened the box and started chewing on a chocolate glazed donut.

He smiled at me then gestured me to take one. Being the hungry fool I was, I did.

"Why aren't you at school?" He was the one who asked me now. I sighed. I shook off his question. He seemed to notice I wasn't in the mood to talk so he sat quietly while we ate. I took the opportunity to observe him closely.

When he is idle, he looks serious. His eyes are really beautiful. His eyelashes can make any girl jealous to have them. His hair is more of a creamy brown now and soft when you look at it and covers most of his forehead. His lips were pink, but slightly thin. His has broad shoulders too, but not any broader than Seokjin. He was really tall. And when he smiles, he reveals a box-ish smile that make you warm all over your toes.

"You know, you have pretty eyes." He blurted out. I blinked twice in shock with his word that came out from his mouth. His voice was velvety and deep. It gave me a feeling of warmth.

"Do you want to go out?" He suddenly asked. I scrunched my forehead.

"Are you asking me out on a date?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Well if that's what you think. But what I meant is go out of this hospital. You know just walk around. My legs are getting cramped here and it's really not a reasonable thing to walk around here. We may bump into people." He said and lightly wiped his fingers with a tissue. He closed the now empty box and swiftly put it on his lap.

"I don't know. I mean, I have to go back to Jungkook." I said. There's that feeling of magnetism towards him again. It's making me ache all over when I'm not near him.

"I see." He said. I couldn't shake off the feeling he felt dismayed by what I said. I thought of it again. It wouldn't hurt to go out though.

"Well, we can walk around the mall for a few hours. As long as I get to go back whenever I want to." I said. His face lit up again and he smiled at me. I smiled back.

"Deal."

--

"I won't take long. Just needed to exercise."

I'm currently standing in front of Jungkook who's on his wheelchair and playing on his phone. He wasn't looking at me but I could tell he was frustrated.

"Okay. Be back soon. I can't stand being alone here anymore." He said. His voice was pleading and somewhat deep but no deeper than Taehyung's. I nodded happily and he smiled at me.

"I'll be back soon." I said and gently walked closer to him. He wasn't looking at me again and I took the opportunity to gently peck his cheek. I quickly moved away and from the corner of my eye his cheeks flushed bright pink.

Turning on my heel, I walked away and closer to the door. As I was going out, I could've sworn I heard him mumble something like "cute."

Taehyung was standing on the hallway. His hands were in his pockets and he stood up straight when I went out.

"Let's go."

We walked out from the hospital. The fresh air greeted me and I felt nice out here in the warm air. We decided to walk all the way to mall since we needed to stretch our legs.

"Hey. Quick give me your hand." Taehyung said hastily as we were walking.

"What? Why?" I asked but instead of answering, he took my hand and intertwined his fingers on mine.

"Hey wait-" I was going to protest but he wrapped his fingers tightly and whispered in my ear.

"Just play along." He said with his deep velvety voice. I sighed and nodded.

Only then I realized, there was a girl in front of us. She was tall, slender, has long and red hair, the color of flames. She's really pretty and looks intimidating. She was looking at Taehyung- no. Me. With wide eyes.

I almost broke down when tears started to fall from her eyes. She quickly wiped them away and walked past us, shoulders brushing against mine. I shivered.

When she was a bit far off now, I pryed my hand away.

"What was that for? Who was she?" That sounded more like a demand than a question.

"You don't have to know." He smiled. "Come on." He said and instead of letting go, he pulled me closer and we walked faster than usual.

"You can let go now." I said almost a scream. But he kept walking and ignored me. The cars on the street aren't helping either, making it harder for him to hear me.

Sooner, we reached the mall. As usual, it was really crowded and people were bustling to get in or get out of the glass doors.

"Taehyung." I lightly tugged my hand.

"Oh."

He dropped my hand and I decided to walk it off and I saw a coffee shop. I think I needed caffeine in my system.

"Are you going somewhere?" I asked him.

"Why?"

"I'm going to the coffee shop."

"Are you trying to push me away?" He asked smirking and tucked his hands in his pockets. His gaze was slowly trying to get to me. I think I'm losing my mind with his eyes.

"No. It's just that I thought maybe you have other places to go." I said honestly. He nodded.

"No." He said and walked with me to the coffee shop that was inside the mall.

We ordered a cup of coffee and waited quietly.

I placed my hands on my face. It smelled like Jungkook which comforted me. It felt like he was here with me. His scent was really nice. Musky, but a bit soft and floral.

"Soomin. Can I ask you something?" He said. I nodded.

"You and Jeon. What's up with it?" He asked and wiggled his eyebrows. I flinched.

"What? We're just friends." I sounded like I was convincing myself. All I know is I like him. A lot. Is it even possible? I guess love at first sight exists. I mentally facepalmed myself.

"For now." Taehyung added. There was something in his voice which I couldn't figure out. It made me curious and uncomfortable.

But I thought of it. For now. We're friends. But I don't know what to think of the future. Of what we will be.

And what scares me the most, is that I don't even think there will be a future.