Chapter 16

The doctor said they were still a few tests they need to do to make sure Jungkook is really okay. They even said he needs a few more rests and they can see if he can walk again.

Whatever treatment they did, I still can't believe it. Cancer is not easily healed. But I guess we're just lucky.

"Do you really think I can walk?" Jungkook asked innocently.

"You can." Hoseok reassured him and he flashed a bright smile instantly lifting the mood.

"Let's try right now." Jungkook said and sat down properly.

"Woah woah easy there. The doctor said you should still rest." I said and tried to let him lie down.

"But-"

"Let him try." Taehyung said and helped Jungkook to sit down.

"Are you crazy? What if he can't do it?" Jimin told him.

"Hyung I can do it. I just want to try." Jungkook said sounding offended. But honestly, I think Jimin's right.

Namjoon sighed and he helped Taehyung who was holding Jungkook's right arm for support, carefully not touching where his IV needle was. Namjoon supported Jungkook on his left arm. Jungkook slowly got down the bed and I can see he was struggling to stand up.

Namjoon and Taehyung supported his weight. Jungkook took a deep breath and took one step forward. He was obviously having a hard time because he was shaking and Taehyung supported his back.

"Be careful." I blurted out as Jungkook was taking little steps.

"Hyung let go now." Jungkook said and I looked at him rather oblivious.

"No. Look don't push yourself further. Let's call this a practice. Little by little, you'll get to walk again." Namjoon reassured him rather calmly. Taehyung agreed and Jungkook sighed.

"You may not walk right now, but soon you will." Yoongi reassured him too and patted his back. Jungkook sighed defeated. He shouldn't push it any further because something might go wrong.

Taehyung and Jungkook helped him back on the bed and he lied down. I plopped myself beside him. I comforted him by ocasionally rubbing his hands.

"Well, it's a good thing you woke up before your birthday!" Jimin squealed. I looked at him suprised.

"When?" I asked obviously not knowing.

"2 weeks from now." Seokjin answered me as he ate a biscuit.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I pouted and Jungkook chuckled at my expression. I groaned.

Well, I have to think of a gift to buy for him. But I don't really know what he likes. Well, he likes music, so I thought of buying him something related to it.

"Hopefully, the only thing I want is to walk again. And get out of this place." Jungkook said and gripped my hands which made me flinch but I ignored it.

"I think you will. Hey! If you're out we can throw a party at Taehyung's place!" Seokjin suggested. Taehyung suddenly looked at him in shock.

"Why at my place!?" He complained like a little kid.

"Because you have maids who can clean up when we're wasted." Seokjin said and by the tone of his voice, I could sense they was going to be alcohol.

"I'd feel guilty if we make them clean up. We should help too." Hoseok said and Namjoon nodded in approval.

"Fine. But it's at Taehyung's house. Besides your house is bigger than ours." Jimin said and Taehyung couldn't do anything but nod. Sooyun seemed excited for the party because she started talking about what she will wear.