05 ⇔ the party

author's note: i suggest that you reread the last chapter since it's been so long since i've updated and you might not know/forgot what's going on.

Charlotte

I entered the house and was immediately engulfed with loud music and the smell of smoke and alcohol. I scrunched my nose up in disgust because of the strong smell.

"So, this is a real high school party, huh?" I asked Sophia.

"Yeah it is." She said with a wide smile on her face.

We stood there for a while, taking in the events happening around us. Drunk people everywhere, couples making out on the couch or the wall, people playing volleyball in the pool and a bunch of other stuff that you would normally see at a party.

"Ooh, hey there, hottie." I immediately recognized Finn's voice from in front of us. He winks at me and flashes me a smirk.

I noticed someone standing beside him and I'm assuming that he's Finn's friend because he sort of looks familiar. I couldn't help but notice that he's kind of staring at me. But I ignored it anyways and glared at Finn.

"Kiss my ass, Wolfhard." I snapped at him sarcastically.

He chuckled and smiled at me amusingly. "It would be an honor." He cheekily replied. I flashed him a deadly glare and put up my middle finger.

I noticed again that his friend is still staring at me. I'm assuming that this caught Finn's attention because he put his arm around his friend's shoulder.

"Oh, have you met my good friend Jaeden?" He asked me.

"Nope." I simply replied.

His friend, Jaeden, extended his hand for me to shake. "Hi, I'm Jaeden Lieberher." He smiled at me. Well, he seems like a nice guy.

"I'm Charlotte Blythe but everybody calls me Charlie," I smiled back at him and shook his hand. Then I turned to Finn and frowned at him. "except for Finn."

I heard Jaeden chuckle and felt him let go of my hand. I turned to my side and introduced Sophia to him.

After all the introducing, we went to the kitchen to search for some drinks and food. I looked at Sophia and she seemed to know what she was doing. Now, I kinda regret that I didn't go with her to some parties and instead spent my time reading a book because I feel so clueless.

I turned to the side and caught Finn looking at me with an amused smile on his face. He chuckled and said, "Looks like you're new to all this. Let me get you a drink."

"Uh, no thanks, I'd rather not-" I tried to say but he immediately cut me off.

"Here. Drink this." He said.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him, confused as to what the drink was. Because of my curiosity, I grabbed the drink from his hand and took a sip.

"Huh, kinda tastes sweet." I said, tasting it a little bit more. I have to admit, I kinda like it. "What is it?" I ask.

"Nothing for you to worry about. Just don't drink too much of it." He said and I nodded in response.

We walked out of the kitchen, drinks in our hands as we take little sips. "You know, I think Jae has a crush on you." He said quietly.

"I'm sorry, who?" I asked, confused.

"Jaeden." He replied.

"Ah." I said. "How can you tell?" I asked.

"It's so obvious. He was staring at you the moment he set his eyes on you. Love at first sight maybe." He chuckled.

I laughed at him. "Aw, finn! you're like a little hopeless romantic girl." I teased as I pinched his cheeks.

"Shut up." He put my hands away and take a huge gulp from the red cup.

"It's cute though that you believe in that."

"You think I'm cute?" He smirked.

"Obviously, I was kidding." I replied cheekily.
__

I can hear the music ringing up in my ears as I danced like no one is looking. I feel myself getting a little bit more loose and not tense but I feel a little dizzy. This feeling is so foreign to me and I don't know what it is but for some odd reason, I kinda like it. It feels like I have no problems at all. I feel so carefree.

As I was dancing, I spotted Finn sitting at the couch with a drink in his hand. I smiled and walked towards him, stumbling a few times.

"Heyy, Finn!!" I laughed.

"Are you okay?" He asked me with a confused expression.

"Yes I'm perfectly fine!!" I said as I wave my hand uncontrollably in front and dangerously close to his face. "See! Perfectly fine."

"You're drunk." He said with no emotion, taking my hand off of his face.

"What! I've had only like 1...2...3...4..." I said as I counted through my fingers.

"Too many." He cut me off.

"Yeaaahhh, sure, Finn." I laughed. "Hey, wanna get out of here? The environment here is suffocating me." I said, fanning myself, gasping for air.

"No, I have to take care of you." He said with an annoyed expression on his face.

___

"Why do you care so much about me?" I whined as he prepared water and some aspirin. I'm sitting down on a bed, resting my tired body from all that dancing.

"I don't care about you." He chuckled. "Sophia's going to kill me if I leave you behind, especially that you're drunk." He replied.

"Oh." I paused, contemplating for a while. "I mean, you can actually just leave me there, she'll never know I'm dru-"

"Just shut up and drink this water." He said, giving the cup of water to me.

I took the water from him and gulped a big amount of water.

"Better?" He asked and I nodded my head in response.

"Here's some aspirin because you're gonna have a huge headache tomorrow." He said, placing the aspirin and water on the bedside table. "You can stay here and sleep at the guest room. I'll just inform Jack and Sophia that you're staying overnight since apparently, you drank too much."

I smile at him. Even if I'm in my drunken state, I caught a glimpse of his other side. His caring and loving side.

"Thank you, Finn." I said. "I still hate you though."

He walked to the door and chuckled. "Of course you do." Then, he turned off the lights.

___
author's note:
aye, it's been three years! *cough* uh, i mean, 3 months.