14 ⇔ double surprise

Finn

Amanda was kinda suffocating me and I really need to breathe. Just when she was about to put her hands under my shirt, I quickly snapped my fingers at Jack several times without breaking away from the kiss, signaling for him to save me because I'm suffocating here.

Wyatt pulled me away from Amanda. Finally. She looked at Wyatt in disbelief. I breathed heavily, holding my onto the counter for support with my other hand resting on my chest. I could feel her lipstick stain on my lips.

"Okay, that's enough buddy. So there's been an emergency. Your mom called and uh..." Jack nervously chuckled. "Your grandma got ran over by your cat's scooter." He smiled innocently. I narrowed my eyes at him and furrowed my eyebrows. That doesn't make any sense.

"NO. He meant uh, your cat got ran over by your grandma's scooter." Wyatt quickly said, nervously smiling.

Jack nodded at me with wide eyes, signaling that it was time to go. I quickly got the note and chuckled nervously. "Oh! Right, Mandy. Yeah, sorry I got to go save my cat." I said, scratching my neck as Jack pulled me away as we all ran off towards the door.

She narrowed her eyes at me. "But you don't even have a cat!" She shouted as I was starting to get farther and farther away from her.

"I do now!" I shouted back.

Once we were outside, we quickly ran to the car, trying to escape from Amanda because I know that she would follow us. And there she is, just right before we drove off, I caught a glimpse of her running towards the door. I heard her shout, "I'm gonna get you soon, Wolfhard!"

Then, Jack quickly drove off. Fast. "Crazy bitch." I said making all of us laugh.

"So Finn, how do you feel?" Jack asked.

"I feel like shit. She's horrible." I laughed.

"Dude it looked like she was gonna eat your face." Jeremy said making all of us laugh.

"Yeah and I also felt like she was strangling me at the same time." I chuckled.

After a few minutes of talking and laughing about the events that happened in the party, Jack stopped by a 60's themed diner. It's almost midnight and we haven't eaten a proper dinner because they were all hanging out in my house, justing eating pizza and drinking fruit punch.

"Dude, I missed this place." Jaeden said once Jack was done parking. It feels like it's the first time I've heard him speak this day.

"Yeah, we used to come here all the time." Chosen chuckled.

We walked inside the diner and noticed that there were only a few people because it's almost midnight.

A young girl who looks just about our age, approached our table. "Hi, I'm Tiffany and I'm gonna be your waitress for tonight. What can I get for you?" She said with no emotion.

I noticed Jack's head shot up. I looked at him confusedly. "Tiff?" He asked, softly.

Tiffany's eyes averted to Jack's. "Wha- Jack?"

At this point, everyone looked confused at first but just from the sound of her voice, we quickly recognized her. Jack's ex-girlfriend's best friend. She's the one with the big mouth who started the rumor that Jack and her best friend were dating.

Jack looked at me with wide eyes as if he was signaling for help. I cleared my throat on purpose. Jack doesn't need drama right now.

"Yeah, I'd like to get 3 strawberry flavored milkshakes and 3 chocolate flavored milkshakes, 20 burgers and some pasta. And that's all for me, what do you guys want?" I said, looking at the other guys innocently, trying not to laugh.