08 ⇔ it's 2 am

this chapter was inspired by rooftop tick tock chit chot (it's a video from wyatt oleff's channel)

Charlotte

I laid down on my bed, it's currently 8 pm and surprisingly, I wasn't that tired. I grabbed my phone and checked snapchat. I clicked on Finn's story and smile at the picture we took earlier.

I go to my homepage and saw that I had 300+ messages from the losers' club group chat. I mean, I'm not really surprised because this happens all the time but I didn't notice that I was still on 'do not disturb' mode that's why I didn't get notification pop ups. I opened the group chat and read their text messages.

noodlescalp: yo wtf it's almost 9 pm, Charlie and Finn aren't online get.

snackdylangrazer: they're probably off somewhere making out

jaejae: shut up, they're probably sleeping already

thechosenone: looks like someone's jealous

sophiathefirst: nah, Charlie never sleeps before 10

noodlescalp: Jaeden, we've been friends with Finn for years. He doesn't sleep THAT early.

jerber: Finn's a freaking vampire.

jaejae: whatever, i'm going to sleep.

thechosenone: dang

finnyboy: who set my nickname to finny boy?

sophiathefirst: Charlotte

snackdylangrazer: charlie

noodlescalp: Charlie

jerber: charlie

thechosenone: charlie

finnyboy: Goddamn

I laughed at their conversation but decided to remain quiet because I didn't really have anything to say.

I walked to my closet and changed to a comfortable sweater which as expected, is oversized. I grabbed a book from my ridiculously large bookshelf, went to my bed and started to read.

Based on the past events of my life, sometimes, I even forget to read. I guess this is what it feels like to have something to do all the time.

I'm currently reading a book that I bought awhile ago at the bookstore before Finn decided to annoy me. And since I wanted to read something a little bit more light, I surprisingly picked out a romance book. I already predicted that at the end of the book, the guy gets the girl so it's not really a big deal.

I continued to read the book until I heard a knock on my window. My heart started to race as I kept my eyes away from the window. What if the person knocking on the window is some creepy stalker who plans on murdering me? Or what if it's pennywise? This for me is the disadvantage of reading books. I always imagine scenarios that would probably never happen in real life.

Right now, my heart is beating fast and I'm scared as shit. I checked my phone and saw that there was a text message from Finn.

Finn: Open the window. I'm not a creepy stalker, dumbass.

I checked the window and I sighed in relief once I saw Finn, frowning. Probably because he's tired of waiting outside my bedroom window. I opened the window and looked at him confusedly.

"Finn, what the fuck are you doing here?" I whisper-shouted.

"Let me in first, I'm getting tired." He said.