16 ⇔ don't leave

Charlotte

"Oh fuck..."

I gulped. I can feel my heart starting to beat faster. I was tongue tied, I didn't know what to say. I didn't even realize or sense that he likes me since he obviously sucks at showing it. The most intimate we've ever been was when he sneaked up to my bedroom and touched my arm.

Suddenly, I had this sudden urge waiting to happen, as if my stomach was about to fall. It's better done than said since I was tongue tied from his previous words. I could feel my heart beating faster than ever. "I'm sorry-" He tried to say but I cut him off by pursuing the sudden urge to do this one action that caught the both of us on guard.

I leaned in and pressed my lips against his. We gently pulled away from each other and I examined his reaction, his eyes wide, clearly shocked from the sudden action. But I could see a tiny curve at the side of his lip, indicating that he was trying hard not to smile.

"Uh..." I laughed nervously as I turned my head way from him in embarrassment. Suddenly, he put his fingers up to my chin and turned my head to face him. Slowly, he leaned in again as I felt my heart beating faster again but louder this time, it's as if it's ringing in my ears, it's getting too loud-

I woke up to the sound of loud banging on the door. My heart, beating fast and my breathing, heavy and uneven. My head quickly whipped to the door as the loud bangs continued to erupt. I quickly jolted out of bed, my foot stuck on my bed sheets as I desperately tried to get out of it without tripping. I managed to pulled the sheets away from my foot as quickly as possible and headed for the door, frantically turning the doorknob and opening it to be greeted by an angry Sophia.

"What the hell! I've been trying to wake you up for the past 30 minutes!" She exclaimed, angrily, her face getting beet red.

"I'm sorry! I overslept, I think I slept late last night, I can't really remember the events." I replied to her as I slowly sat on the edge of my bed. I looked up at her and narrowed my eyes. "Why were you trying to wake me up for 30 minutes anyways, is there an emergency?"

"In the middle of the night, Jack drunk called me saying that you rejected Finn after he confessed his feelings for you last night!" She said. "You rejected two boys in one night! Unbelievable." She added. My face got even redder than before.

"Wait what?! I did not reject him, I was just overwhelmed and I didn't know what to say so I told him I needed to pee and then I escaped out of the bathroom window." Sophia's eyes got wide then she quickly smacked my arm. "Ow! What was that for?" I winced as I laid my other hand on my arm that just got smacked.

"Are you crazy?! You escaped out of the bathroom window?!" She said.

"Uh, yeah! Can you think of any other way?"

"Yeah, lots of ways! One way is that you could've told him that you didn't have feelings for him properly instead of escaping out of the bathroom window like a freaking idiot!" She asked, her face scrunching up in a weird way.

"You know what, I can't! Because I freaking like him too! And I don't know if I'm good enough to be in a relationship with him, okay?! You happy now?" I admitted, my breathing becoming more and more unsteady as I felt the adrenaline through my veins. I stared at Sophia, her eyes wide in shock. I was confused at first until I realized the words that just came out of my mouth. My eyes widened too as I froze in my seat. My body felt uncomfortably stiff. The thing about me is that whenever I'm mad, I tend to spill my secrets unintentionally.

"Oh my God." She said.

"I'm sorry, I probably didn't even mean that, it just came out of nowhere." Or probably it didn't since I rejected Jaeden because I liked Finn. I lied as I slumped in defeat.