15 ⇔ mixed feelings

Charlotte

"J-jaeden." I stuttered once he pulled away from the kiss. His face was filled with a mix of guilt and worry.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." He said, quietly but enough for me to hear. He looked away, his head facing downwards.

"Hey, look at me." I said softly. His head was still facing downwards, refusing to face me. I lightly grabbed his chin and made him look towards me. "It's okay." I smiled a little as I let go of his chin.

He furrowed his eyebrows, confusion written all over his face. "I'm confused..." He said softly. "...do you like me or not?" He asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I frustratedly tried to think of an answer. When he kissed me, it felt nice but I didn't feel anything aside from that. Coming from a person who has read a ton of books, I should've felt sparks but I didn't.

"I-I do...like you." I stuttered. I examined his face, the once guilty and worried look was now replaced with a hopeful and joyful look. "But...only as a friend." I say. My hand finding its way towards the back of my neck and scratching it.

Then, his face fell. I could feel it and it hurt me but not as much as it hurt him. I could see tears started building up in his eyes but he immediately blinked it away and he turned around. His hand went up to his hair as he gripped it tightly.

"Jaeden, I'm sorry." I muttered.

He turned around, his face stained with tears. "I get it." He said. "You like Finn, don't you?" I furrowed my eyebrows, at first thinking that it was a ridiculous thought but then I came to a realization that maybe, I do. I do like him.

"N-n...I-I'm..." I stuttered badly.

"You know what," He managed to say. "It's fine." I opened my mouth as if I was about to say something but he walked passed me, angrily, and left the room.

"Dude, what's wrong with you?" I heard a familiar voice. A voice that I've been hearing quite a lot since summer started. I turned around and noticed Finn outside Jaeden's room. Jaeden must've bumped into him on the way out, maybe a little too harshly.

Jaeden's still there, standing in front of Finn, anger pulsing through him. Then something unexpected happened. Something that I thought I would never see in real life. Jaeden swung his hand and punched Finn, hard, in the face.

"Ahh shit..." Jaeden hissed in pain, his fist turning red. The loud sound of the punch booming throughout the house, catching the attention of the others. My eyes widened in shock. He must have been so mad that he just burst and took it out on Finn.

"Jaeden, what the hell?!" I walked towards Jaeden as I stood in front of him. I grabbed his hands, his knuckles are red.

Finn fell back making his curly hair cover a portion of his face. His finger rested on his currently bleeding lips. "What the fuck, Jaeden?" He hissed in pain.

"Jaeden, please don't." I said, softly, trying to calm him down but somehow, this seemed to anger him more making him push me out of his way and punch Finn, harder.

I was pushed so far back that I almost fell on the floor but a pair of hands caught me. I turned around and noticed Chosen with his hands on my back as he helped me stand up.

"Thanks, Chosen." I said. He just nodded at me in response.

I looked at Finn and not only was his lips bleeding but his nose is too. "Okay, that's fucking it. You let this fucking happen." He said as he took a step back and swing his fist on Jaeden's face. Jaeden groaned in pain, the punch leaving a mark on his face.