04 ⇔ the invite

Charlotte

1 month later

"Hm, wow I can't believe tomorrow's the last day of school." I said, staring blankly at the view in front of me. I clutched my book tighter into my chest and continued walking down the hallway with Sophia.

"Yeah, we're gonna be juniors." She said, with a hint of amazement in her tone.

"So since it's summer tomorrow, what do you wanna do?" I asked, turning my head to the side so that I could face her.

"How about we go to our usual spot by the lake and just gaze at the stars all night?" She said, with a small smile on her face.

"Yeah, that'd be great. We used to do that all the time when we were like 12. I think we had a name for it?"

"Uh huh, I think it's-"

"Well, hello there ladies." I hear someone say from in front of me. I slowly face front and narrowed my eyes at the boy in front of me. I quickly recognized his face.

His name's Jack Grazer and he's Finn's best friend. I turn my head to Jack's side and notice Finn standing there with an all too familiar smirk plastered on his face.

I groan and roll my eyes at the sight of him. It's been a month and we still hated each other. Well, actually, I'm not surprised that we still hated each other because, I mean, we annoy each other every chance that we can get.

[flashback]

"Okay, class, open your book to page one hundred and seventy-five. We will be discussing about the laws of..."

"Psst!" I hear someone say and quickly recognized Finn's annoying voice. I mentally rolled my eyes and tried to ignore him as much as I could.

"Hey!" I hear him say again. I pursed my lips as I tried to contain my temper. I started my day off today badly. He really doesn't wanna get in my nerves today.

After quite a while, I sighed in relief because I haven't heard Finn's annoying voice for at least 30 seconds. It means that he had already shut up and minded his own business.

Suddenly, I feel something hit my head. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I looked down and noticed a piece of crumpled paper. I discreetly picked it up and set it on my table. I straightened it out with my fingers and noticed a bunch of words written on the paper.

"Whoever is reading this is an idiot."

My eyes went wide and I unexpectedly shouted, "Hey!"

Suddenly, the teacher stopped talking and the room became dangerously quiet. I feel heat creeping up on my face in embarrassment.

"Ms. Blythe! Stand up!" The teacher shouted. [a/n: watch Anne with an E y'all]
I hesitantly stood up, my knees shaking because of nervousness. I've never experienced this before. I've never been called out by a teacher. Oh God, what do I do?

"Would you care to explain your sudden outburst?" She asked with an angry expression on her face.

"I-I..." I stuttered for a good 10 seconds before I got cut off by my teacher.