You must really hate blonde men or something

You woke up to a pale face asleep next to you on the bed. Resisting the urge to smile like a total idiot, you gently tap Law's nose and he groans awake almost instantly.

"(Name), what are you doing awake? It's like..." he rolls his head back to look at the clock on your bedside table. "Five in the freaking morning, jeez..."

You giggle at his irritated sleepy mood and move closer so you could feel his warmth. Law instinctively held your hand which was close to his and closed his eyes again as he stifled a tired yawn.

"Go back to sleep, (Name)..." he mumbled.

It's been a long time since the two of you slept in the same bed like this, and since Doflamingo was still out there somewhere...things weren't exactly okay.

You couldn't fall asleep now, not when Law was still in danger. It was his turn to be protected instead of you and you were going to make sure that nothing happened to him again.

A soft knock from the door caused you to flinch, not expecting anyone to be awake at this hour. You probably should have stayed calm since the house was heavily guarded with the police stationed at every corner outside. But when you saw the giant figure of a man walk through the door, your first instinct was to attack.

"GGRRRAAAOOORRR!!!" You growled and leaped at the intruder, fangs digging into the man's shoulder while a blinding white light surrounded your body.

"ACK! GET OFF!" The man yelped as he grabbed you by the back of your nightgown and threw you across the room.

BAM!

The loud slamming of your body against the wall was enough for Law to jump awake. His mind was still fuzzy and the room was really dark, but he could make out a faint orange glow from a familiar shadow in front of him.

He flicked the switch on the lamp beside your bed and a bright light illuminated the entire room - revealing Corazon with a bleeding shoulder and a dizzy 9 year old on the other side of the room.

"What the hell happened?" He asked, rubbing the sleep from his eyes as he looked between the two. "Cora-san, your shoulder is bleeding."

"SHE bit me!" Corazon defended and pointed at you in accusation.

Law looked at you with wide eyes. Either he was still asleep or you really did change form and attacked the giant, because there you were on all fours with white fur and nine tails.

"(Name)...calm down..." he said, slowly getting out of bed and moving in between you and Corazon. "(Name), it's okay-"

A loud shriek came from the doorway and Law mentally facepalmed. He forgot other kids were in this house with them as well.

"What is that!?" Bellemere gasped, pointing at a snarling white fox on the other side of the room.

Olvia squinted her eyes and pursed her lips. "I think..." she glanced at the others. "I think that's (Name)..."

Shanks stood beside the silver haired girl and his jaw dropped. That thing was YOU?!

He looked back at the snarling fox, then looked at Law who was trying to calm it down. The fox didn't seem to want to listen as it kept walking towards them, eyes glaring menacingly at Corazon.

"(Name), listen... Cora-san is pretty stupid but he's a nice guy." Law spoke softly and walked forward.

"I'm not stupid," Corazon grumbled, earning a look from the ten year old to 'shut the fuck up or she'll murder us all'.

Bartolomeo was probably the only one in the group who looked excited to see you transform into a mythical creature with an intention of killing anyone who wasn't  Law. For the sake of everyone else, Zeff kicked the kid on the head to make him stop squealing like a fangirl meeting her favorite celebrity, and the other kids thanked him.

Shanks walked into the room and stood beside Law, studying you curiously in your new form.

"Not bad," he said. "I knew you were a Zoan fruit user, (Name), but I never thought you were a mythical one. That's pretty rare."

Law tsk-ed at him and rolled his eyes. He didn't like Shanks, not one bit. Sure he was your new brother and probably took care of you while he was gone, but that didn't mean he HAD to like him.

Unsurprisingly enough, Shanks felt the same way towards Law. He couldn't understand what about this boy ever made the sweet and lovable you adore him so much. But hey, if you were happy to have him back then whatever.

The two boys looked back at you, who were getting ready to strike any moment. Corazon kept his eyes locked with yours the whole time and watched your movement.

"Don't be so casual when she's like this. She can't control her powers very well so we need to calm her-" Law stumbled back as you jumped forward to attack Corazon.

A hand grabbed you by the scruff of your neck and you swiped your claws at them, furious. Corazon looked behind him to find Luffy frowning at you with a disappointed look. When did he get there?

Standing behind Luffy were some of his friends and a few of the police officers. Coby stood in the front with a pistol in his hand, eyes wide and staring at the fox in Luffy's hold.

"(Name), behave." The rubber man told his daughter in a reprimanding way and you hushed. "We don't attack our friends. Especially if they haven't done anything wrong."

You started to growl at him but the way his eyes stared into yours froze you. You whimpered and folded your ears back, small white flames burned around you as you transformed back into a human girl.

"...I'm sorry." You mumbled sadly.

"It's fine," Corazon shrugged and winced after feeling a sharp pain in his shoulder.

"Let's get you bandaged, Corazon-san." Sabo smiled apologetically and guided the giant out of the room and looked over his shoulder at the two young boys. "Shanks. Law. We're trusting you guys to look after her."

Ace walked over to you and ruffled your hair, grinning so wide that it easily looked fake.

"We'll talk later, okay?" He said.

And with that, he left the kids alone in the room.

Everyone was dead silent and no one could look at you in the eye. Bartolomeo was still unconscious on the floor and Zeff was wondering if knocking him out was the best idea at the time - since only Barty could make this situation less awkward.

Smoker was the first to speak up, wanting to address your rare ability. However, you seemed uneasy about the whole morphing thing and refused to look at anyone. But your friend Law seemed to be well educated about this more...animalistic side of you.

"So, you gonna tell us about this weird ability she has or what?" He gruffly stated, looking pointedly at Law for an explanation.

Law raised an eyebrow at him and frowned.

"She's a Zoan devil fruit user, a nine-tailed fox." He looked around the room at the others. "What more of an explanation do you want?"

They all looked at one another, unsure of what to say.

Zeff shrugged and rubbed the back of his neck, muttering something about not being entirely interested in devil fruits. Olvia hummed in thought, glancing at the wary Bellemere and nudged her shoulder.

"My mom's doctor is a Zoan devil fruit user. He told me mythical zoans are really rare." She told her, smiling. "Isn't that cool? We're friends with someone really unique."

Bellemere smiled because she knew that Olvia was trying to get her to relax.

She didn't know that many devil fruit users, and the ones she knew were mostly harmless like Luffy and Robin. Even Ace kind of freaked her out a bit.

But this was you they were talking about. Sweet, naive, innocent little you. There's no way you could be THAT dangerous, right? Right.

A stomach growled loudly and they all stared at the source: yours.

"Ah, I'm hungry..." you pouted up at Law and Shanks, who in turn patted their stomachs as they growled in hunger.

"Me too," they said in unison.