Chapter Seventeen- "Your Mouth Is Poisoning"

*Alan's POV* | Apr 13, 2014 

"Gielle, I don't love you."

I stand strangely close to the door that leads to Austin's room. He had gotten out of the hospital a few days ago, and now he's trying to break it off with Gielle. I hope he's successful.

"I don't want you, okay!"

"But Austin, I need you."

"Why would you send those terrible texts to Alan?"

"Because he doesn't deserve you, baby."

"Don't you fucking dare call me that."

Gielle, she makes me sick. I don't see what I've done to her to make her hate me as much as she does. Did she really want to get me out if the picture just so she could have Austin? Does she despise me so much?

/"But I love you so much!"/

/"How many times do I have to tell you I don't love you!"/

/"I'll kill them Austin, you know that."/

/"Over my dead body."/

Austin would really save us by having himself killed? To save me? To save Phil, Tino and Jenna? To save Shayley and Maddie? He would go through so much trouble just to make sure that we were okay? And that we stayed that way?

The door lock jiggles and I immediately bolt quietly down the hall and into the kitchen. I was supposed to stay down here, but my curiosity got the best of me. Like they say, "curiosity killed the ginger".

I grab a frozen waffle from the fridge and pop it into the toaster. I don't want to look suspicious, therefore I have to occupy myself. Besides, I'm a little hungry. One waffle won't hurt my weight, right?

"Alan?" Austin says as he walks into the kitchen. I look at him, still paying some attention to my cooking waffle.

"Hi," I reply quietly. I'm still nervous to hear the outcome of their conversation. I only had heard bits and pieces of it, because either the door got in the way or someone spoke too quietly. Probably the door.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

"Cooking a waffle," I answer. "I hope you don't mind me borrowing one."

"Ash, I don't want that waffle back once you've eaten it," he chuckles. I roll my eyes playfully.

"You sure?" I question. "It's free."

"I'd rather buy some more than have a regurgitated one," he says. I sigh.

"Ah, darn it!" I jokingly scold. "I thought you'd love an Alan waffle."

"What, are you trying to tell me you want an Austin waffle?" he retorts. My eyes grow wide.

"Nope, nope, nope, nope! No, siree! You can keep your waffle vomit," I blab out quickly. Austin laughs. Oh, I could just listen to it all day. I love it that much.

"Please, shut your mouth and keep it in," the blondie, Gielle, says as she enters. I look back down at my waffle. Just her presence changes my mood. It's that quick.

"Alan deserves an answer, Gielle," Austin tells her coldly. I suppose he's right, but I don't deserve it. I just want to know it.

"We're getting a divorce," she says slowly. My gaze moves from the toaster to her.

"Really?" I whisper in astonishment. Had it been that easy to get her to do it?

"Over my dead body."