Chapter VII:

"Aunt Rachel!"

"Ady! My most beloved godson! How I've missed you!"

Kurt arrived to leave Adrian with Rachel while he attended another meeting with the producers of Moulin Rouge. Adrian had already hurried inside to see Rachel's fish tank. Kurt was still saying hello:

"Sorry about that; in Ady's head you and Finn are an item."

"Screw Finn; I'm Ady's Aunt Rachel no matter what. Besides, open relationships are hard to understand; especially to five years olds. But I'm not worried about Adrian; it's your long face that's bugging me."

Kurt smiled awkwardly. Rachel pulled him by the arm:

"Come on, let's get some coffee."

Everything was arranged so Adrian could watch some musical (his usual activity at aunt's Rachel house). Kurt and Rachel watched him from the kitchen balcony. Rachel was aware of the situation in the kindergarten:

"Kurt, I'm sure Ady will be fine. He loves both of you. Sometimes it's tough but he'll grow up and learn how to deal with all this stuff better. And I know what I'm talking about: I wouldn't trade my two daddies for anything in this world."

Kurt took a long time gazing at the bottom of his cup before answering:

"It's not only that; it's Blaine."

Rachel begun to understand, she just vocalized and "Oh..." and Kurt went on:

"I was annoyed with him for not backing me up at the principal's office. When I told him so he said I overreacted. Then he started acting strange with me all day. He wouldn't let me hug him at night and went to sleep trying to hide from me that he was crying."

Rachel reached for Kurt's hand:

"Honey, you know that Blaine is not as much of a fighter as you are. That was the reason he went to Dalton in the first place. Isn't that just some ghost of the past torturing him?"

Kurt sighed:

"It was what I thought first, but he continued strange with me this morning. We barely spoke. And, come on, he's not a High School boy anymore."

Rachel's answer was prevented by an excited Adrian appearing in the kitchen:

"Daddy! The boy in the movie has the same name as you!"

Kurt couldn't help but to open a big smile:

"That's awesome, Sweetie. What are you watching?"

"The Sound of Music."

Rachel intervened:

"And what do you think of the Kurt in the movie?"

Adrian put on an irresistible smile:

"He's my favorite. What about you Aunt Rachel?"

"My favorite character in this movie is Martha, because her favorite color is pink. My favorite Kurt is your Daddy..."

Kurt was moved:

"You are both too cute to handle! Now, Ady, with don't you go see what the Kurt in the movie will do to tell us latter?"

The boy ran back to the living room. Rachel turned smiling to Kurt:

"How can there be any problem in your lives when you've got this little angel around?"

"Exactly because we want the best for this little angel that we worry so much..."

Rachel got up and went to hug Kurt:

"Everything will be fine."

Kurt's eyes filled with water:

"I wish I was so sure."

"Why don't you call your husband? Go earlier to your meeting and call him on the way? I'm sure you can set things out."

Kurt followed Rachel advice but Blaine only answers with a text message saying: "Can't talk right now. Too busy at work."

At night, the three of them share a meal that is an Adrian's monologue telling every little detail the Kurt in The Sound of Music did:

"Daddies, can you teach me how to sing the songs of the movie? Aunt Rachel started but we didn't have much time..."

Kurt laughed:

"That's so Rachel... We'll teach you another day. Now is time for you to go to sleep."

When Kurt was giving Adrian his goodnight kiss, the little one asks:

"Am I going to school tomorrow?"

Kurt only answers:

"Tomorrow you'll spend the whole day with me. Is that good for you?"

Adrian only smiled, hugged Fiyero and fell asleep.

Kurt was feeling devastated as he entered his bedroom. Blaine was already lying. Kurt said nothing and lay in his side of the bed being careful not to touch Blaine. Tonight was Kurt's time to hide his tears.