Chapter XXII:

Several minutes passed and nothing else happened. Then, they saw a car going out of the back door. Miss Gilles recognized it to be Mrs. Bane's. The TV crew went running after it to see it they could capture an image of her running away.

They came back saying they could only get a blur. Harriet thanked them and asked when it would be airing. The reporter said:

"Luckily tomorrow. I mean, if they like it at the station."

The camera added, tapping his equipment:

"We have some pretty good material, but, you know, education not always sells..."

Rachel approached:

"Do you think that an interview with me could help?"

The reporter shrugged:

"Let's give it a try."

As they started filming Rachel, Cooper got closer to where Kurt and Blaine were talking to Adrian. He tapped his brother shoulder:

"Come on; we are done around here. Let me buy you guys some pizza."

Adrian's eyes sparked at the word pizza. Cooper found it funny and messed with Ade's hair:

"See, I've got one ally. You can't say no now."

Cooper took them to an Italian restaurant far away from the school to avoid attracting too much attention. It was still early for dinner so they had more privacy to talk. After they ordered, Blaine reached for Kurt's hand across the table:

"How are you feeling?"

Kurt gave him a little smile:

"Lost. We are back to zero, no? And you?"

"I didn't stop to process what happened. I was worried about you and Ade. And now, actually, I fell happy because my brother is here."

Cooper smiled like someone was taking his picture:

"Well, Little Brother, I might say that I'll be here more often because I'm one step away from closing a contract for a movie in New York."

Blaine just shook his head.

Ade turned to Kurt:

"Daddy, I really need to go to the bathroom."

Kurt found it a good opportunity to let the brothers talk. He took the boy to the restroom and after made a detour showing him something interesting at the entrance. As soon as Kurt and Adrian were gone, Blaine and Cooper looked at each other and smiled. Blaine started the conversation:

"So, Cooper, how did you found out about today? What made you change your mind?"

"I told you, I saw you at the hospital with Adrian. It was bugging my head; the look on your face that night keeps coming back. Then I remembered Rachel's video that a friend had sent me. I watched it again and signed the on-line petition. So I received updates and one day I got an e-mail telling about the march. I've been meaning to call but I didn't know how you would receive it."

Blaine gave a small snort:

"Probably bad..."

Cooper smiled and went on:

"See. Communication has always been our problem."

"I know... Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that you are here, but it still sounds so surreal for me. I mean; you, dad, the whole drama... I never expected mom to call you that night. I didn't know mom was changing; standing up to dad..."

Cooper interrupted him:

"That's the point: mom isn't the one changing; it's dad."

Blaine was perplexed:

"What? That makes no sense..."

Cooper approached him:

"Look Blainey, I'm not saying that he's going to ask to meet Adrian or that he's really in love with the idea that you're married to another man. However, he's getting used to it. At least he's not picking on mom so much when she wants to call you or look at pictures of Adrian."

Blaine was still a little confused:

"Are you suggesting I should do something? Do you think he'll do something?"

Cooper shrugged:

"I'm just telling you what I think; what I've been seeing. If you want to do something about it; it's up to you."

"So, basically, you are telling me there's hope?"

"If you want to see things that way... You and Kurt showed today that you don't take no for an answer..."

Blaine just shook his head. Cooper could be a smug and annoyingly inconvenient most of the time, but Blaine felt absolutely good to have his brother by his side.