Chapter XIX:

"Hey, Blaine! Long time no see."

Blaine was greeted by the security guard at the stage door of theater running The Wizard of Oz. He smiled at his old friend:

"Hello, Logan, how are things around here?"

"Fine, fine. We miss you. That Julian kid who replaced you is too much of a diva."

Blaine chuckled:

"You shouldn't be telling me that..."

Logan returned a conspiratory smile:

"You're cool. I know you won't put me into trouble. So, tell me, are you back with us?"

"No, just visiting. We just watched the spectacle. Rachel invited the godson to see her. He had to stay in the hospital for a few days and she thought this might cheer him up."

"Is he alright now?"

Blaine nodded and Logan opened an enormous smile:

"Little Adrian is a star around here. Rachel won't stop telling everyone about him and showing videos she made of him. Where is he? He must be a big boy now, I haven't seen him in a while..."

"Well, I'm wondering the same. I went to the restroom and said to Kurt I'd meet them here."

Kurt showed up in a distance carrying Adrian by the hand and a bag printed with the musical's logo on the other. Blaine shook his head and said to his husband as he approached:

"You two were all this time at the gift-shop?"

Kurt apologized:

"Ady wanted to buy all the plushies they had. I told him to choose only one and that's what took us so long."

Logan asked the boy:

"Which one did you choose?"

In a feeble voice and encouraged by a little squeeze on his hand Kurt gave him, Adrian said:

"The Scarecrow."

Logan started an irresistible laugh:

"Good choice, pal. Just who your dad used to play."

Adrian nodded. Blaine ran his fingers through his son's hair:

"That's my Adrian. And my husband Kurt you remember, right Logan?"

As Kurt and Logan were shaking hands, a family approached them. The mother, with a little girl in her arms, tapped Kurt's shoulder:

"I'm so sorry to bother you but I couldn't help and I overheard you. Is this Rachel Berry's godson Adrian?"

Kurt confirmed a little suspicious. The woman continued:

"Sorry if it sounds creepy. We are huge fans of Rachel and we saw her video talking about your problem. We all signed the petition and we hope you succeed."

Before they could answer, another woman waiting by the door joined the conversation:

"I saw that video too. My brother is gay and he went through a similar situation a few years ago. I sent the video and the link to the petition to all my family. Have you gotten the principal to receive you already?"

Kurt smiled at them:

"Not yet. We are in a kind of dead-end."

The second woman replied:

"You should organize a march against the school. You should force them to see you."

That was causing a small commotion and more and more people were gathering at the stage door. Logan feared the situation would get out of control and put the three of them inside.

Rachel was thrilled to see Adrian:

"Ady, you are out of the hospital! I'm so glad you came to see me. Did you like it?"

The boy just nodded and Rachel estranged her godson reaction:

"Why are you so shy with me?"

Blaine grabbed Ade's shoulders and answered for him:

"We were just in a small mess outside and I think he got scared. Come on, Ade, let me show you how the stage works."

Blaine took the boy on a tour and Kurt continued the conversation with Rachel:

"We met some of your fans outside. The recognized Ady from your video."

Rachel laughed:

"Good! Talking about that, any news with Mrs. Bane?"

"Nothing. I was telling outside that we're in a dead-end and that was what started the commotion. One of the women was suggesting we should organize a march in front of the school to force Mrs. Bane to see us."

Rachel bit her lip:

"I wouldn't say force her to see you; but we could definitively make some noise..."