Chapter XII:

The alarm clock rang and Kurt was the one to hit it off. He then rolled towards Blaine and started kissing him on the neck:

"Rise and shine, Sleepyhead."

Blaine groaned:

"Why so soon?"

"It's not soon; it's the usual hour we get up."

"Why do I feel so tired then?"

"Because watching Adrian is a hard task. And you just did it for around two hours last night so I could finished my Moulin Rouge sketches. Imagine how tired I am watching him 24/7 this last week..."

"Could you at least finish all the sketches for today's meeting?"

"Almost. I'll have to finish it later. Anyway, they'll probably ask for a lot of changes today. I'll most certainly spend the next couple of days drawing a lot."

They got up. Kurt offered to wake Ady up but Blaine stopped him:

"I'll do it when I finish cooking his break-fast. I can't watch him and cook like you can. Besides, if he sees you he won't let you leave on time."

Kurt kissed him:

"Thank you. I could never do this without you."

"I think it's the other way around. Come on; let's at least have breakfast together. I feel that lately this is all the time I can get alone with you."

Blaine was dragging Kurt to the kitchen but Kurt stopped him:

"Honey, I know things are difficult these past few days, but you know how important this job is to me."

Blaine cupped Kurt's face with both his hands:

"Sorry if I'm being a little grumpy. I just want time with you; our lives now come down to babysitting, work and phone calls about the kindergartens principal. I can't even take you on a date because our nanny has been over-working so there's someone to watch Ade in the afternoons. I miss you."

Kurt looked down, sighed and then stared into Blaine's eyes:

"It will get better. We just need to hang on for a few more days."

"How many?"

"I don't know."

Kurt broke into crying. Blaine was scared and held him tight:

"Don't do that, please don't. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I love you, please don't cry."

Kurt started talking between sobs:

"No, Blee, I'm sorry. I shouldn't be crying. I'm just so tired."

Blaine pulled him closer and kissed him. Tears begun to run down his face as well. They end up hugging on the hallway; neither feeling like letting go.

Blaine was having a tough day. He couldn't deal with Adrian's excitement. The boy broke a glass while trying to help Blaine cook. Blaine just gave up and took him out for lunch. Kurt called during his break to say that, as he anticipated, he would have to do again almost all of his sketches for the costumes. Blaine noticed that it's time to forget the plans he had for a midnight movie with Kurt on the couch.

The afternoon wasn't calmer in any way. And it just got worse when the phone rang:

"Hello?"

"Blaine? It's Harriet Green."

"Hi Harriet, any news about Mrs. Bane?"

"Yes, but I'm afraid they aren't good."

"Just what I needed... Shoot..."

"She hasn't agreed on meeting us. She hasn't say anything offensive, so we don't have any means to force her too. We tried to contact the owner of the school, but he said he trusted Mrs. Bane and her decisions were absolute."

"So, what do we do now?"

"Daniel is consulting some lawyer friends to see if someone comes up with any ideas. Mrs. Bane claims that Adrian is no long a student so she doesn't have an obligation to answer to yours pleas. However, what we are looking for is to know if Ade is indeed no longer a student since he has never been officially disconnected from the school."

"Thanks for the heads up, Harriet, but from what you are telling me we don't have anywhere to go from here, right?"

"I'll try calling the other families on the phone. I'll see if more people want to join me and try to schedule another meeting with Mrs. Bane. We're the parents of the students, after all. I'll also try to talk to the teachers and see if someone can prove that she have been racist and homophobic."

"I think we'll never be able to thank you and your family enough for what you are doing for us, but I think it's time that Kurt and I start searching from another kindergarten for Ade."

"You are welcome. I understand your position but I wouldn't lose hope."

Blaine was even more miserable than he had been all afternoon: how would he tell Kurt about that?