Chapter XXI:

It was the first time Kurt had ever seen Cooper Anderson smiling awkwardly. Blaine expression went from angry to perplex. Kurt put both his hands on Blaine's shoulders, and when he turned, Kurt gave him an encouraging smile:

"He came here; you might as well see what he has to say."

Just as a precaution, Kurt went near Adrian as Blaine walked towards Cooper.

Seeing his brother approaching, Cooper took out his sunglasses and stared at them before trying eye-contact. Blaine's curiosity was, at the moment, bigger than his anger. So, he tried a polite tune:

"Hi?"

"Hello, Little Brother, can I have a word with you?"

Blaine crossed his arms:

"That depends; are you here to insult me or my family?"

Cooper took a deep breath; he was struggling to say what he had come to say:

"As much as I hate to admit it; I was wrong. I'm here to apologize..."

Blaine was in real shock. Was that really his brother? Was Cooper apologizing to someone and admitting he was wrong? It took Blaine a few seconds before he could say something:

"Sorry, I don't think I heard you properly."

"You heard me, Blainey, you were right I was wrong."

Cooper raised his hand to touch his brother but gave-up mid-way and pretended to dust something of his own shoulder. Blaine took one step forward still trying to guess if there was an angle behind Cooper's behavior:

"May I ask what have made you change your mind?"

A smile drew on Cooper's face before he answered:

"I saw you at the hospital with Adrian; well not with Adrian specifically. Mom called me that night. She knew I was in town and she asked me to go check on you. I didn't want to go; I thought that all that you were getting yourself into was wrong. But you are my baby brother after all. So I went that night and saw you talking to the doctor on the corridor. I saw the look on your face; I've never seen you so worried before. Was in that moment that I realized how much you care for that boy; how much you really are his father. What can I say; that moment changed me. I believed that you and Kurt could harm the boy by giving him an unusual family. Now, it's different; I really believe that you two are the best thing that could have happened in Adrian's life and I'm here to try to make amends..."

Blaine practically jumped on his brother when he went for a hug:

"You know what the best part of everything you just said is? You got Adrian's name right."

Cooper was laughing but a tear was running down Blaine's face. Cooper gave him a small punch on the shoulder:

"Why are you crying, Little Brother?"

"Because you just said everything I wanted to hear from you since the day I told you I was marrying Kurt."

Cooper passed his arm around Blaine's shoulder:

"Let's go see in what Kurt and Ade need our help."

Kurt was extremely glad to see Blaine and Cooper smiling together. Ade was a little shy at first but soon he was passing Uncle Cooper a crayon so he could help on the posters. Kurt pushed Blaine a little aside:

"Is that a dream come true?"

Blaine grinned and nodded. Kurt hugged him tight, happy because of his husband happiness.

The march went from the meeting point to the kindergarten with about 50 people. It was a walk of a mile. Kurt was in the front with Adrian. Blaine and Cooper just behind both caring the same poster that Adrian was working on with Melissa. Rachel and the Greens were the next; Harriet with a megaphone explaining their pleas. The cameraman and reporter were running around everybody collecting images and interviews.

When they got at the gates of the school, all of them joined in a single line. Everyone who wasn't caring a poster started holding hands. The gates were locked with a chain, unlike any other day, but the light on one of the rooms was lit.

Harriet gave a step forward and said in the megaphone:

"Mrs. Bane, we are the families and friends of the students of this school. We came here, as we already told you, so you could come out and discuss with us the situation of the Anderson family: Adrian Burt and his two fathers, Kurt and Blaine."

The light on the room went off. The people started whispering. The cameraman was giving a close on the chain.

Adrian was nervous and so he approached Kurt even more. Kurt bent to his knees so he could hug his son. Blaine handed his poster to Daniel and passed his arms around both of them. For a minute no one said a word and the camera lights were fixed on their faces.

AME